Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
August Obs.

Psalm 148:8

• Replies 952
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I started off with .05" sometime a little after midnight I think. Today was another day like the rest so far, hit a high of 93.5 at 4:43pm and shortly after that hit 106.6 heat index at 4:44pm. It was pretty cloudy today which helped to keep the heat down. I'm sure we won't be so lucky tomorrow.

98.4° today looking to crack triple digits the next 2 days :gun_bandana:

July spared me a hair over 3" which ain't bad for around here.

I keep telling myself that these horribly hot days will pay dividends this winter :thumbsup:

Happy belated PSALM!

Love the pics of people thread..btw

First off Happy Bday Psalm! (Sorry its late)

Robert, One of my favorite things about this board is your Winter predictions. I hope you have a year like last year as you were on fire!.....Just as long as you are calling for suprise or big snows. :snowing: No pridictions of dry or warmth will be allowed. ;)

98.4° today looking to crack triple digits the next 2 days :gun_bandana:

July spared me a hair over 3" which ain't bad for around here.

I keep telling myself that these horribly hot days will pay dividends this winter :thumbsup:

Happy belated PSALM!

Love the pics of people thread..btw

Thanks again for the many birthday greetings! You folks are incredible! So far, no rain to record for August....and the next several days don't look to offer any hope...crossing fingers on the topical system getting into the gulf....at the moment, Emily looks to recurve into the Atlantic....

Thanks again for the many birthday greetings! You folks are incredible! So far, no rain to record for August....and the next several days don't look to offer any hope...crossing fingers on the topical system getting into the gulf....at the moment, Emily looks to recurve into the Atlantic....

According to the NHC, it looks like Emily will make landfall near Miami as a hurricane on Saturday afternoon.

I hope it comes over north Georgia, stops, and rains for a week. Ok... maybe not a week, 10-15" would be fine.

A week would be just fine. I want another Alberto. After Alberto wandered around for days the rest of the summer was much cooler than I ever remember seeing. Ok...we are probably talking 80's instead of 90's, but, hey..... T

A week would be just fine. I want another Alberto. After Alberto wandered around for days the rest of the summer was much cooler than I ever remember seeing. Ok...we are probably talking 80's instead of 90's, but, hey..... T

I remember that storm.....it was not good at the time....father in law and friend were out in the pouring rain....I mean POURING!! grilling ribs under two umbrellas at the campground on West Point lake...huge puddles everywhere....thank goodness we had a trailer style camper.....Thinking back, I would have said "to heck with the ribs!!" but we seemed to pull off a supper for about 10 or so folks in a deluge of rain....That was stupid!!!:lmao: What were we thinking?? Anywho, all part of the fun....Central /southGA really needs the rain.....and I wouldn't mind some more myself.....the uptick in tropical season is just starting....maybe we will be lucky enough to recieve the rain without the destruction of excessive flooding or spin-up tornadoes.....unitl the recent 2 winters, I missed more school weather days to hurricanes (Opal and Ivan) than I did for snow....(years 1995-2009).....and I'm in NW part of central GA :lmao: How wierd is that????

I remember that storm.....it was not good at the time....father in law and friend were out in the pouring rain....I mean POURING!! grilling ribs under two umbrellas at the campground on West Point lake...huge puddles everywhere....thank goodness we had a trailer style camper.....Thinking back, I would have said "to heck with the ribs!!" but we seemed to pull off a supper for about 10 or so folks in a deluge of rain....That was stupid!!!:lmao: What were we thinking?? Anywho, all part of the fun....Central /southGA really needs the rain.....and I wouldn't mind some more myself.....the uptick in tropical season is just starting....maybe we will be lucky enough to recieve the rain without the destruction of excessive flooding or spin-up tornadoes.....unitl the recent 2 winters, I missed more school weather days to hurricanes (Opal and Ivan) than I did for snow....(years 1995-2009).....and I'm in NW part of central GA :lmao: How wierd is that????

recent memorable rain/wind storms for me

Alberto - 1994

Opal - 1995

Ivan - 2004

Dennis - 2005

non-tropical cyclone event in September 2009 - a one in 100+ year event, some records reflect it was a 1 in 500 year event.

http://en.wikipedia....d_States_floods

I would love some tropical action to add to this list that would leave a nice memory of heavy rain on my mind. Funny how the four storms in my mind happened in back to back seasons on both occasions. The 94-95 and 04-05 seasons. Ivan sticks out in my head although not sure why exactly as I don't think we had extreme amounts of rain, but his presence was definitely felt. I don't think Emily will likely impact Georgia, but maybe another down the line will this season.

Edit : small storms dropping in from the north, might get some rain here in a moment. I should radar watch more closely, almost missed it lol

New 11 PM NHC Track

023612W5_NL_sm.gif

That line will work up the coast and for a day or so really tease us here in NC but then it will keep on headed east and end up missing to the right......I got to work monday so I wouldnt be able to head to the coast so I formally request the weather gods to speed this thing up so I can chase it.

For the first time this season, I now feel KATL has a decent chance to reach 100 F...that would be tomorrow Wed. 8/3, if it occurs. This is based on both the Euro and gfs having ~+24 C at 850, mainly sunny skies, and the favorable west winds. Even if the projected +24 C 850 were to verify, say 1 C too warm, there'd still be a hot enough 850 to allow for the chance for reaching 100 F. Regardless, I'm now forecasting tomorrow to be KATL's hottest high to date of the summer.....98 F or higher would do just that.

I hope it comes over north Georgia, stops, and rains for a week. Ok... maybe not a week, 10-15" would be fine.

heck i'd take a week of rain lol. we need it, and it would be something interesting to watch for a change around here (mby has missed most of the storms recently)

For the first time this season, I now feel KATL has a decent chance to reach 100 F...that would be tomorrow Wed. 8/3, if it occurs. This is based on both the Euro and gfs having ~+24 C at 850, mainly sunny skies, and the favorable west winds. Even if the projected +24 C 850 were to verify, say 1 C too warm, there'd still be a hot enough 850 to allow for the chance for reaching 100 F. Regardless, I'm now forecasting tomorrow to be KATL's hottest high to date of the summer.....98 F or higher would do just that.

Not a cloud in the sky today, already getting hot at the 10AM hour. Looks like upper 90's are a safe bet today. Tonight it should not cool off as much as last night giving us a better jumping point to hit that 100 mark tomorrow. FFC keeps missing the overnight lows for KMGE by around 4-5 degrees regularly recently. They have done better with KATL but the heat island is living up to it's name. Two nights ago FFC called for 70 and I only went down to 77, last night they called for 71 only went down to 76. They are forecasting 69-71 for Marietta tonight and again I think it will miss by at least five degrees. I think it will be pushing 100 today at KMGE probably coming up just short around 97-98. But tomorrow I think we will see quite a few areas around the metro hit that century mark. I'm going to look back at the last 100 degree reading but from memory I think it was 2007.

edit : looks like 2007 was it and boy was that a nasty stretch, four in a row with one being 104 and another being 103.

Hartsfield reported 88 at the 10:55 AM update, using the past few days as a guide they will be nudging 100 today barring any storms or clouds moving in. I still think they come up just short but a 98 or 99 seems likely at this early point in the day.

Dobbins KMGE just hit 87 at the 10:55 update they too will be nearing 100, probably coming in at 98-99. Still not a cloud in the sky at KMGE here at work. First cloudless day in recent memory and temps are going to respond.

Edit : I have a feeling FFC is going to have to issue heat advisories for tomorrow, probably could even get away with it today. Overnight lows are pushing the criteria, have been hitting criteria here and in Atlanta for a few days now and DP's are not mixing out very well yet. Still in the mid 70's. The GFS has blown the DP's badly, showing 60's when we are in the mid 70's.At the least I see them being hoisted for the metro Atlanta area where the heat island will inhibit temps dropping below criteria at night.

TS Emily (from NHC)...

THE ENVIRONMENT IS NOT IDEAL

FOR STRENGTHENING SINCE THERE IS SOME DRY AIR TO THE NORTH AND WEST

OF THE STORM...BUT THE OFFICIAL FORECAST CALLS FOR A SLIGHT

INTENSIFICATION AS SUGGESTED BY THE SHIPS...GFDL AND HWRF MODELS.

IT IS INTERESTING TO NOTE THAT THE RELIABLE GFS AND ECMWF GLOBAL

MODELS NO LONGER DEVELOP EMILY...AND IN FACT...BOTH MODELS BASICALLY

DISSIPATE THE CYCLONE NEAR HISPANIOLA.

Archived