• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Post a recent picture of yourself

LithiaWx

Thanks everyone and us gals have to stick together.  I enjoy reading your post which actually have helped with my office and weather related issues.  I was asked how I knew so far ahead that we were going to get that snow/sleet storm here.  I told them I have a great forum that I have been reading for several years and that when there is a threat you guys usually know about it first.  Again thanks to everyone who post about upcoming weather events and explain in detail where that threat is headed.

P.S it is nice putting faces with names.

Working hard as usual today :lmao:

Hope you don't think I am perving. lol  I'm getting back into photography after a long hiatus.  I've been finding face shots to practice on to regain my Photoshop skills.  I thought you might like to see the quick glamour treatment I gave this one.  Not much resolution to work with but it still turned out fairly well.  

IF THIS CREEPS YOU OUT, MESSAGE ME AND I'LL TAKE IT DOWN IMMEDIATELY

large.jpg

large.jpg

Here is a picture of me taken two weeks ago. For about three days I looked like the Michelin man as my entire body was swollen and in addition I had blisters and a rash all over my body. Had a fever that exceeded 103 for over 36 hours and was the first time I ever went to the hospital for an illness. I was diagnosed with Measles of all things which I had contracted after visiting a refugee camp in Zamboanga City a week earlier. I have since returned to normal aside from having extremely dry skin. I would not wish measles on anyone. 

post-1075-0-86301200-1393428589_thumb.jp  post-1075-0-27707000-1393429008_thumb.jp

Here is a picture of me taken two weeks ago. For about three days I looked like the Michelin man as my entire body was swollen and in addition I had blisters and a rash all over my body. Had a fever that exceeded 103 for over 36 hours and was the first time I ever went to the hospital for an illness. I was diagnosed with Measles of all things which I had contracted after visiting a refugee camp in Zamboanga City a week earlier. I have since returned to normal aside from having extremely dry skin. I would not wish measles on anyone. 

Glad you're feeling better Tullioz!

attachicon.gifme.jpg  attachicon.gifme2.jpg

You weren't vaccinated against measles? BTW, jburns can photoshop those measles right off!

Hope you don't think I am perving. lol  I'm getting back into photography after a long hiatus.  I've been finding face shots to practice on to regain my Photoshop skills.  I thought you might like to see the quick glamour treatment I gave this one.  Not much resolution to work with but it still turned out fairly well.  

IF THIS CREEPS YOU OUT, MESSAGE ME AND I'LL TAKE IT DOWN IMMEDIATELY

OH WOW!!! I think that's awesome. I need that flawless look in real life..Thanks :)

Glad you are better Tullioz.  My body rejects the measel vaccine.  Had it several times no resistance according to test.  Mom had them during her first trimester with me and we feel that is why it does not take.  My father freaked out when he heard that they wanted to give me the vaccine again because I show no resistance.  He is a microbiologist so the fact that I have had the shot so much could mean if I get it again it maybe toxic to me and do more harm than good.  Just glad you are doing better.

I think jburns did a good job fixing you up. 

Glad you're feeling better Tullioz!

Thanks, it was quite an ordeal. 

You weren't vaccinated against measles? BTW, jburns can photoshop those measles right off!

I thought that I was. Lol. I was warned before going to the camp that it was rampant. Once I arrived it was very apparent that it was. Feeling that I was immune to it I was in close contact with several who had it and even held one baby that was in very serious condition as a result of the illness. Had I only known beforehand that i was susceptible to the measles I would have taken further precautions.  Here is a news story describing the conditions at the camp I visited. http://newsinfo.inquirer.net/576948/death-continues-to-hound-zamboanga-siege-refugees Try to imagine 100,000+ people living on roughly 10 acres with very little water and food for over 5 months. 

Just as I suspected.  Pretty hopeless.  It would take a lot of time to even out the blotchiness and return texture to the skin.

Thanks for trying. There's little hope on improving my looks even under normal conditions. 

Glad you are better Tullioz.  My body rejects the measel vaccine.  Had it several times no resistance according to test.  Mom had them during her first trimester with me and we feel that is why it does not take.  My father freaked out when he heard that they wanted to give me the vaccine again because I show no resistance.  He is a microbiologist so the fact that I have had the shot so much could mean if I get it again it maybe toxic to me and do more harm than good.  Just glad you are doing better.

I think jburns did a good job fixing you up.

Wow, I can't imagine ever having to suffer with Measles again. Hope the future gets brighter for you and that your resistance will eventually get to a point that you will no longer have to deal with such an awful disease.

Thanks, it was quite an ordeal. 

I thought that I was. Lol. I was warned before going to the camp that it was rampant. Once I arrived it was very apparent that it was. Feeling that I was immune to it I was in close contact with several who had it and even held one baby that was in very serious condition as a result of the illness. Had I only know beforehand that i was susceptible to the measles I would have taken further precautions.  Here is a news story describing the conditions at the camp I visited. http://newsinfo.inquirer.net/576948/death-continues-to-hound-zamboanga-siege-refugees Try to imagine 100,000+ people living on roughly 10 acres with very little water and food for over 5 months. 

Thanks for trying. There's little hope on improving my looks even under normal conditions. 

Wow, I can't imagine ever having to suffer with Measles again. Hope the future gets brighter for you and that your resistance will eventually get to a point that you will no longer have to deal with such an awful disease. 

Thanks,  I do not have the disease and hopefully will never have it.  In reality I probably had it while my mom was pregnant with me since she had german measels.  I am the child that should not be for back then and even now it caused still births as well as sever birth defects of which did not occur with me.  This is why we feel my body rejects the vaccine because it thinks I have already had it.  Test just do not see the antibodies maybe it is a gene alteration rather than antibodies.  Who knows :)

Dark green shirt and dark pants, generally in the right half of the screen.

Awesome   :thumbsup:

This is me about 5 years ago.  I pretty much look the same except right now I'm sporting a goatee and much longer hair.  I have grey hair, but my hair is dyed in this pic.

The title of this thread is "post a recent picture of yourself" :P

Myself and my husband.

Great picture! :hug:

pic from my facebook

:wub:

Me... in the car. :-) went out and had some fun driving today. Had major clutch issues but here are three videos from today:

Run 2 - 

Run 3

Run 3 from the car

This always looks like so much fun!

OMG! She's almost grown!   :hug:

A couple years ago..not much changed..maybe a few more wrinkles

Great picture!  ^_^

attachicon.gifme.jpg  attachicon.gifme2.jpg

I'm glad you are feeling better  

OH WOW!!! I think that's awesome. I need that flawless look in real life..Thanks

I believe I need it much more than you do :P

You look just as flawless without the photo shop. People look too good on here for me to even post my picture!

Pfffft........I'm throwing the bulls^^t flag     :wub:

Beats me.  I hardly ever read my own posts after I post them.

EDIT:  I guess it was deleted.  Not sure why though.  I've posted lots worse.  

I missed it   :(

My younger sister (Becky) and I last April

attachicon.gifbeckylunch003.jpg

One of my favorite former teachers (Jill Bryson) and I at Relay For Life in 2009

attachicon.gifJillBrysonandIRFL.jpg

Out in the snow with my trusty Kestrel 

attachicon.gifmesnow2008.jpg

It's great to see you posting again Perry!  Great picture   :wub:

• Wow locked this topic
  • jburns unlocked this topic