12bet1 net
    Newest Member
    12bet1 net
July Obs. Part 2

LithiaWx

• Replies 437
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I've had storms and rain for the past 30 min or so.  Fits the pattern for this year here...just when the ground begins to dry out bad, we get rain....been a banner year for that here luckily.

I just now got into much heavier rainfall, though this likely won't last too long. I see yet another potential round diving southward from lincolnton, though. You folks over in CLT have been getting some good action from what I can tell. Too bad this rain didn't arrive during daytime. It would have made for a fantastic cooldown.

Another dry day here :thumbsdown: really needing some rain. Can see the lightning from the storms to west and hear an occasional rumble of thunder.

I lucked up last night and got hit pretty nicely, while heading north just a few miles didn't get any. I got .41". Looks like Gaston/Lincoln and of course Meck got nailed. That area is a climo hot spot at night when storms begin to break out in just spotty fashion here, more times than not a bigger mass congeals just to our east. Put on a great light show.

In the month of nickels and dimes, another meh shower- .18" give or take a hundredth. I have had rain 8 times this month-

.89 .13 .16 .13 .55 .19 .05 .18

I hope tomorrow is more, because it looks like several more dry days after that......:gun_bandana:

Got a pretty heavy downpour for ~30 minutes in Little 5 Points yesterday afternoon. Had to have been at least .5", part of the street outside the store we ducked into had water up to the curb for a bit. Back home in Alpharetta just a small shower, though.

Spent all day at the pool yesterday and it was pretty brutal out there. The water was more like bath water but was still somewhat refreshing when you first got in. Got a decent hit here with almost three quarters of an inch between 11:30 to 12:15 last night. Charlotte got nailed of coarse with about an inch and two thirds at the airport just 5 miles east of me. Will take what I can get though after two weeks with no rainfall. Today has good potential for some gullywashers with precipitable water running around 2" then next week were are back in the hot box.

I added a new feature, a new Google map radar view. It's a US mosaic with a drop-down so you choose a particular region. You can loop the image by checking off the box. What you'll notice is that all ground clutter has been removed from the images. As in all Google maps, you can drag the image, zoom, and you can also drag the small highlighted box in the inset window in the lower right corner.

IE 7 has a few issues but it seems to work well in all the other browsers.

http://www.daculaweather.com/Mosiac-Radar/ridge_us_master.php

And FWIW, my site has been nominated for WXForum.net Spring 2011 Weather website. Voting begins next Friday. thumbsupsmileyanim.gif

These thoughts are just for the area from Macon north to the TN border in Georgia.

The heat wave for this week is looking like a certainty now. Upper 90's at the least will be widespread. The only areas that will not be hit with he Upper 90's will be the mountain areas of Georgia. It looks really nasty, quite a few spots could easily hit 100 this week. I hope Atlanta gets the 100 mark so my "prediction" comes true. Right now FFC is going with 98 on Wednesday for them but it's so close they could easily squeak in that 100 on a day or two. It's going to be very hot regardless of the 100 mark or not. No extreme DP's this week but the GFS shows anywhere from mid 60's in the day to low 70's at night.

Rained good here this afternoon. Storm had a ton of lightning in it and put down some 1-2 inch totals for some areas while I received .70 so far but more rain inbound it looks like. We really needed this rain and its my first .10+ inch rainfall since July 7th.

i give up lol. was in athens this weekend, a lot of thunder, but no rain where i was. got home, and less than .25" so looks like yet another high percentage bust. storms all over the place and thunder, but nearest rain is about 2 miles away (just drove home in it sigh)

Finally got a hit! .88" with light sprinkles still falling. It was coming down so hard for a while there that the total kind of surprised me. I really expected to see an inch or better in the gauge. As anemic as rainfall has been this summer, I'll gladly take this and be extremely happy. :thumbsup:

FFC inched up the forecast highs for Metro Atlanta today. Has Marietta at 97 Monday, 99 Tuesday and 98 Wednesday. If it hits 99 I'd be much happier with an even 100. At least then we can say we had a 100 degree day this year. With how hot it has been this year it would be quite fitting. The GFS went off the deep end earlier in the week with an insane 106, it's been pretty steady with that 99-101 range the last couple days, much more realistic. It really makes me wonder how many times the GFS will bust high this year around here. Up in the mid Atlantic and NE they are complaining about the opposite, the GFS busting low.

Congrats to those getting rain today, been a hot, dry, humid day around Cobb county Topped out at 94 with a DP in the low to mid 70's making it feel like low 100's. Tomorrow the blast furnace kicks up a notch, not looking forward to it.

i give up lol. was in athens this weekend, a lot of thunder, but no rain where i was. got home, and less than .25" so looks like yet another high percentage bust. storms all over the place and thunder, but nearest rain is about 2 miles away (just drove home in it sigh)

Yep- only a trace today, .19' yesterday. Not optimistic for more until Thursday at the soonest. July total barring a miracle tomorrow 2.19".:thumbsdown:

Archived