12bet1 net
    Newest Member
    12bet1 net
July Obs. Part 2

LithiaWx

• Replies 437
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Even though it's going to be hot the next few days, it looks like it won't last that long. FFC is showing a a major cooldown for me next Sunday with a high of only 88.

Anyway, I was adding up the number of 90+ days this year and last year in Atlanta and the total comes to 142 days !! What are the odds that there are 142 days of 90+ and none of those days are 100+ ?

i give up lol. was in athens this weekend, a lot of thunder, but no rain where i was. got home, and less than .25" so looks like yet another high percentage bust. storms all over the place and thunder, but nearest rain is about 2 miles away (just drove home in it sigh)

This flow really hasn't been good to you and especially poor Upstate SC. No surprise they're though. Over the last 7 days a few spots haven't got a drop. The white should be black, so not sure what happened there, but a few spots in GA and SC, and eastern NC in this image show it.

post-38-0-80442200-1312148966.jpg

Even going back to the last 30 days, only a quarter inch very near downtown Spartanburg, SC, just between there and Chesnee, SC which has some unbelievable low totals going back to 1998 now. As of last Summer, over 140" are missing from the tables there, I haven't tabulated it since then buts its obviously higher now. Its very small geographically, but shows how the Summer nw flow has nailed Spartanburg County (i've got a little luckier so far this Summer--barely catching some cells) but if it continues, I'd head straight back to what happened in upper SC today...(and the bulk of my last 13 Summers) pure skippage. Also notice how the miss in Ne Ga and western SC is always the piedmonts gain around CLT. Along and either side of I-77 from north to south, from Winston down to Charlotte, an area of convergence , which has happened every Summer I can recall now.

The well level at Croft State Park in Spartanburg County has fallen below its all time lowest level now, even surpassing 2002 and 2007 droughts. Rivers and lakes look horrible in this area, and especially just to my southwest.

post-38-0-77162000-1312149246.jpg

I'm thinking we'll stay below 100 here in Gwinnett.

FFC is forecasting 99 for Dacula on Tuesday so they also think it will be close. Honestly though FFC has had to adjust temps down frequently this year. It seems guidance has come in consistently high at times this year, usually during the heat waves we have had so it may not happen. My 100+ deal is wishcasting a tad but it should be pretty close around the metro. Would not be unrealistic to crack it around town in some spots. The thought of hitting 98-99 is sickening, if we hit 100 at least we can put that notch on our belt this season.

That storm literally passed three-four miles away from me. Frequent lightning was with the storm. Very strong winds were reported. You can follow the latest here: http://www.facebook....erIncorporated. There is numerous reports of power outages, so it may be a while before all the reports come in. I very rarely say that I am glad to miss a storm; however, this is one that I am glad it missed me.

NOTE: The storm I was talking about was the one Marion mentioned earlier. Yes, rotation was also shown on radar just moments before hitting Miller Bridge Road in Icard.

We got an impressive cell (for July standards) getting ready to cross into Upper Cleveland County, if it holds together should affect Shelby close to 8 pm...

GSP_loop.gif

be nice to see it survive..the atmosphere has been worked over here, but then again so has it upstream too. The segments are moving due south and building a little on the southwest flank toward McDowell and probably Rutherford soon, so we'll see. The best thunderstorms I've had this Spring and Summer came from Burke County, but thats an odd trajectory.

What's up SE Crew...I've been checking in from time to time but haven't posted this summer. I've been trying to survive this heat. It was nice to finally get a day of rain today. It seems like it has been forever since I've seen rain. Hopefully we can get a nice TD soon to get caught up some.

that line dropping southwest opened up when it saw Cleveland County, esp. the Shelby area..and laughed. Part went into Rutherford County, the other is lambasting just south of Charlotte. I've got relatives in Spindale/Forest City area without power now.

Looks like its almost reforming south of us. Really needed some rain today. Last decent rain imby was July 13 with .47".

Looks like its almost reforming south of us. Really needed some rain today. Last decent rain imby was July 13 with .47".

I'll tally my totals soon, i'm sure I'm much higher than you, which is pretty wild considering the couple miles that separates us....I recall twice travelling to town when I got hit and the cutoff on both of those events was around 180/226 intersection.

On tonights deal, getting skipped again between Shelby and Patterson Springs. Looks like were' one of the only areas today (btwn Asheville Boone Charlotte) that missed out on severe storms, as both events were pretty good solid straight lines that literally opened a hole right over the Shelby area, and then reformed ....watched it both times on radar and just shrugged my head in disgust. Ahhhh the good old days might be back.:axe:

Well, just 3 hours to go until my birthday is in the books and over....and no rain yet.....looks like this will be a year that falls into the 20-25% of those that I DID NOT see rain on my bday.....We had a nice little outflow boundary yesterday afternoon that I was sure would set up some convection for today...but alas...not a drop yet. :(

Watch this from the Vale area in southern Catawba County. This is on the WCNC Facebook page.

This was filmed from inside my house in Vale , SW Catawba CO., around 7 pm this evening...

Posted by Jessica Dillmon Migielicz on Sunday, July 31, 2011

I believe this is the severe thunderstorm that caused widespread damage on Miller Bridge Road in Burke County. Not sure how bad yet, but multiple reports of trees down in that area.

Well, just 3 hours to go until my birthday is in the books and over....and no rain yet.....looks like this will be a year that falls into the 20-25% of those that I DID NOT see rain on my bday.....We had a nice little outflow boundary yesterday afternoon that I was sure would set up some convection for today...but alas...not a drop yet. :(

Sorry to hear that. I hope you get your wish before the evening is over. I was always like that on my birthday (Jan 3rd) when I lived up north. I always wanted a blizzard for my birthday. I can only remember snow a couple times all those years.

Happy Birthday, Psalm!:hug:

Watch this from the Vale area in southern Catawba County. This is on the WCNC Facebook page.

http://www.facebook....140206

I believe this is the severe thunderstorm that caused widespread damage on Miller Bridge Road in Burke County. Not sure how bad yet, but multiple reports of trees down in that area.

Miller Bridge was always my shortcut road to Rodhiss and Granite Falls. That lightning was right at the guy.

Sorry to hear that. I hope you get your wish before the evening is over. I was always like that on my birthday (Jan 3rd) when I lived up north. I always wanted a blizzard for my birthday. I can only remember snow a couple times all those years.

Happy Birthday, Psalm!:hug:

Thanks guys! I have lived here all my life....and about 75-80% of my bdays produce rain at my house....guess this will be one of those have-not years....mom said I was born at 1:30 am....and I remember her telling me about an awful storm the nite I was born.....rain and my bday ususally go hand in hand...

Happy 40th !!

Thanks guys! I have lived here all my life....and about 75-80% of my bdays produce rain at my house....guess this will be one of those have-not years....mom said I was born at 1:30 am....and I remember her telling me about an awful storm the nite I was born.....rain and my bday ususally go hand in hand...

Happy Birthday Psalm! :)

Archived