• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    12bet1 net
    Newest Member
    12bet1 net
July/August NYC Metro WX Disco

Dark Energy

LOL well I've been out as far as Coram and Stony Brook but never out on the Forks.

There's something even more shocking. I was in Manhattan last weekend and met people who told me they had never been to Long Island and didn't even know exactly where Long Island was. And this wasn't just 1 or 2 people, it was more like a dozen people.

Wow. Were these people native New Yorkers? They couldn't have been!

You're missing out. When you get that far out there's so much farmland. Its a great change from the city. Plus some of the nicest water (relatively speaking) in the area is out there. It feels like New England sometimes.

• Replies 964
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wow. Were these people native New Yorkers? They couldn't have been!

You're missing out. When you get that far out there's so much farmland. Its a great change from the city. Plus some of the nicest water (relatively speaking) in the area is out there. It feels like New England sometimes.

They were definitely native NYers, they just party too much in the city to go anywhere else. I was shocked too, I didn't know there were people like that around.

It's absolutely gorgeous out east I agree-- I've gotten to see vineyards and farmland that reminds me of what I'd seen in PA. It actually feels like you're way out in the country. I imagine it's even better further east, but I was impressed by what I saw even out by Coram and Selden. There's hills there too-- it really doesn't feel like being on an island!

Caught a bunch of short fluke and 10 nice porgies fishing right from the beach today.

Pristine Truman beach on the north fork.

Crystal clear water. Really incredible for NY.

What's the water temp out there? Mid 70s like it is here?

should be a great summer week ahead, hot and humid the first two days and then somewhere in the 80s the rest of the week. Best part is that only Tues afternoon gives us any chance of rain, we deserve a dry stretch

I haven't had much rain at all past month, we could use some real rain here.

Archived