12bet1 net
    Newest Member
    12bet1 net
July/August NYC Metro WX Disco

Dark Energy

• Replies 964
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Screw zone in full effect here, Starting to get dark though.

All bark and no bite so far in Dobbs Ferry...have had a ton of thunder in the past hour but able to stay outside working on the garden.

-TSRA, 75.6/73

Don't feel bad we are in the same boat, although the heavy rain is intensifying in central/Northern NJ and pushing east.

The heaviest echoes are pushing NE from the West Milford area. We're definitely going to pick up some needed rains, but doubting anything severe here.

I said someone in the NYC area. Not the entire area. Let this end and then we'll see.

whomever thinks the rain is breaking up should have there eyes examined

Nah , I'm not saying it's not going to happen, the radar just looks like it'll be hard to achieve those amounts. I know who you are and your track record, not putting your call down at all bro

OK, I know I'm about to piss everyone off again, as I have in the past...but despite our hopes, dreams and beer goggles, this is not a severe event (maybe isolated, we will see if anything verifies) but rather a tropical rain event.

Have fun and I hope everyone sees some good lightning.

OK, I know I'm about to piss everyone off again, as I have in the past...but despite our hopes, dreams and beer goggles, this is not a severe event (maybe isolated, we will see if anything verifies) but rather a tropical rain event.

Well tropical rain events are actually much more fun because they are more widespread.

Out in Port Jefferson and drops have been falling but radar shows the heavier stuff weakening a bit but still holding together enough to clip the North shore of eastern Suffolk. It's kind of a sloppy front coming through and hope the cold front on Tuesday is a lot "cleaner" when it arrives. THAT looks like an impressive temperature and dew point dropper

I tend to agree, though initially it didnt look like much of a widespread severe event anyway but rather a heavy rainfall event with some storms mixed in. That's what I was anticipating.

Well tropical rain events are actually much more fun because they are more widespread.

Alex, we definitely need the rain out here, although we are in no drought. Just storms have been bypassing this part of the Island for a few weeks. But yeah, tropical rains are welcome although it's killing my Friday night plans.

Yes it seems to be an expanding area of moderate to heavy rain, but I haven't had any thunder or lightning for a while now even though my rainfall rate has increased

This is turning into a severe rain event

Although I would argue that the winds were close to severe here, I don't think a warning was necessary

But...there should have been at least an SPECIAL WEATHER STATEMENT and there was none

Alex, we definitely need the rain out here, although we are in no drought. Just storms have been bypassing this part of the Island for a few weeks. But yeah, tropical rains are welcome although it's killing my Friday night plans.

So far only 0.12 here so it hasnt been much-- look forward to the awesome rest of the weekend to follow :)

Archived