• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
July/August NYC Metro WX Disco

Dark Energy

18z NAM hits areas just west of city with 1.50"++ of rain. Looks like city gets close to an inch. Less for areas to east.

Amazing how the precip profile on the 18z NAM changed compared to the last million runs.

• Replies 964
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Amazing how the precip profile on the 18z NAM changed compared to the last million runs.

Convective feedback affects the NAM. With the unpredictable nature of convection, its tough for any model to pinpoint exact rain amounts.

I'd rather have heavy rain for 6-8 hrs rather than some quick hitting "severe" weather thats in and out and 30 min.

The precip shield is fairly large and is pushing east slowly. We'll get a few hours of rain it appears.

The precip shield is fairly large and is pushing east slowly. We'll get a few hours of rain it appears.

Yeah, this is my favorite kind (for summer anyway lol).... it's so dark here that people are turning their lights on.

The dewpoint is 72 so the atmosphere is definitely juiced! :)

I'm talking specifically about Brooklyn. Best storm I had was driving through NJ :lol:

so im guessing those storms didn't count yesterday?

Yes I see it and just heard a few rumbles of thunder but I'm obviously not talking about plain rain. Every time a storm hits the coast it falls apart then intensifies past Brooklyn. This screw zone annoys me but I'll stop crapping up this thread with my complaintsguitar.gif

Do you not see the big blob headed east? While you might not get anything severe, its going to rain.

Hard to tell, one minute it looks like the shield is weakening, then new storms pop up....the overall movement is to the east but it seems like individual cells are moving in every direction

Radar doesn't look that impressive to my west in EPA, showers/storms but nothing that strong. Been getting moderate rain for the past hour here, less than 0.10" so far.

Archived