Gonzalo00
    Newest Member
    Gonzalo00
July/August NYC Metro WX Disco

Dark Energy

• Replies 964
  • Created
  • Last Reply

101 is attainable also but I think higher than that and we are pushing it a bit (although you never know at Newark). 850 temps are forecast to be just shy of 20 C but you never know..sometimes they spike ahead of the front and that can be undermodeled.

It's not even about the 850 temps itself in this setup so much as it is about how nice the synoptics are for big heat...with the w-nw wind component really showing flashes of the classic heat waves around here...despite it being only a passing glance (cooler by tomorrow).

I can't get myself to forecast much higher than 101 F with 19 C 850s but as I said you never know with the spikes ahead of the surface fronts being known to occur..and if it were to happen at one specific locale it would certainly be Newark, Nj.

I'll tell you one thing..it's beautiful outside right now. Downright awesome summer weather...hoping to head to the pool after work today. Hope everyone enjoys the weather. Alex will be dancing in the sun as the sea breeze penetration should be minimal this diurnal max with NW winds previously discussed.

Enjoy fellas.

Yesterday morning I said this:

NYC: 96

LGA: 96

EWR: 101

JFK: 92

I'm confident with all but JFK. The winds were supposed to be SSW on south shore but they are stil NW. If they continue to be NW, I can see JFK getting to 97-99.

Yesterday morning I said this:

NYC: 96

LGA: 96

EWR: 101

JFK: 92

I'm confident with all but JFK. The winds were supposed to be SSW on south shore but they are stil NW. If they continue to be NW, I can see JFK getting to 97-99.

I'll go

NYC: 95

EWR: 99

JFK : 96

I think some clouds later will spoil any run of 100. But we'll see and may be dealing with a better chance at more widespread upper 90s/100s next week. Especially if we continue to dry out.

no rain on the horizon. While things could change as we go into the weekend and next week, we could be looking at a 10 day or longer stretch of dry weather

I'll go

NYC: 95

EWR: 99

JFK : 96

I think some clouds later will spoil any run of 100. But we'll see and may be dealing with a better chance at more widespread upper 90s/100s next week. Especially if we continue to dry out.

10 am update. On a NW wind, JFK is always one of the warmest and NYC and LGA are the coolest.

JFK: 88

EWR: 88

LGA: 84

NYC: 83

At work in Bayside (NE Queens), I'm sitting at 83.2. So I match LGA well right now.

TEB: 86

LDJ: 86

TTN: 85

It's already 88 over here in Brooklyn. Today is going to be a typical July day.

You keep on talking about a fan at home. Take 150 bucks from that CVS job and buy yourself a bedroom AC.

I have both in my room. I prefer a fan because it uses less energy than an a.c.

Looks like an area of High pressure will dominate off the coast of NJ later this week, and it will provide somewhat of a relief of the hot/humid weather we have had lately. The low's may actually get into the upper 60's with some 50's in the northern suburbs. It should feel nice...

However, euro weeklies plus the sharp rise in the NAO and AO toward the end of the month indicate that the heat will return, and possibly be even more hotter than what we are currently experiencing. A ridge will look to establish itself on the East and it will really pump up the temps. It should be fun....

It's already 88 over here in Brooklyn. Today is going to be a typical July day.

I have both in my room. I prefer a fan because it uses less energy than an a.c.

When using a small ac you're basically using a few cents more power than a fan. You think the fan runs on love?

Archived