northernriwx
    Newest Member
    northernriwx
July 2011 general discussion/obs thread

OHSnow

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Though not always reliable/precise, the original point-and-click forecast was 83 both for here and at ORD.

It hit 87 here and 86 with a possible intra-hour 87 at ORD.

Actually ended up with a high of 88 here...and ORD did get the intra-hour bump to reach 87.

Hit 88 here today.

So far we've only had 0.21" of rain in July. Only 0.67" since June 21st.

priming the heat pump for us.. If it wasn't for the inch of rain we picked up last monday i think it was the grass would be entering dormant stage. without watering now or rain it will soon be there anyways. Pretty much going to have to start watering every other day as our big ass lab pisses like a fire hose and there will be burned out spots fast.

priming the heat pump for us.. If it wasn't for the inch of rain we picked up last monday i think it was the grass would be entering dormant stage. without watering now or rain it will soon be there anyways. Pretty much going to have to start watering every other day as our big ass lab pisses like a fire hose and there will be burned out spots fast.

Yeah the lawns around here are pretty brown now. Only scattered patches of green mainly in areas that get a lot of shade. I haven't mowed in over 3 weeks. :thumbsup:

last time I mowed the lawn not the wife was back on july 1st before we went up north for the the 4th week. Needs a cutting now but i figured it might be better if i let it grow out instead of butching it. Probably cut it tomorrow and start the watering of the front yard at least every other day until the heat breaks or they say we can't use water for grass anymore.

Wonder when the next time I'll see 4 days in a row of at or below normal like the last 4? Today's high was 81 (the avg) this AM before the lake breeze kicked in and dropped back in to the 70's.

My guess is a long ass time unless we get a sept like last yr. Oct and Nov seem useless nowadays to get below normal months the past decade+.

hoping the GFS is right precip wise and is pretty generous with several ring of fire storm complexes in the upper midwest that dive southeastward and with the amount of instability that will be in place...they could get interesting.

and immediately think of a clipper on steriods when I see this map :snowman:

hoping the GFS is right precip wise and is pretty generous with several ring of fire storm complexes in the upper midwest that dive southeastward and with the amount of instability that will be in place...they could get interesting.

Enjoy your foot plus :snowman:

Wonder when the next time I'll see 4 days in a row of at or below normal like the last 4? Today's high was 81 (the avg) this AM before the lake breeze kicked in and dropped back in to the 70's.

My guess is a long ass time unless we get a sept like last yr. Oct and Nov seem useless nowadays to get below normal months the past decade+.

Another fall like 2007 would be nice.. :sun:

I'd never thought we'd see diurnal cumulonimbus clouds (huge towers) daily in October.

The NAM, ECMWF, and several of the ARW/NMM SREF members show an MCS or two between Monday morning and Tuesday night.

My goodness that would be nice; Bow would not have to worry about his lawn, and the heat would stay away if this is the case.

Edit: I shouldn't say stay away, but at least it would take a bite out of any early week heat.

Our latest deluge is just going to make it even more uncomfortable. Farmers lost some crops with this latest rain, and many fields have standing water now. This is after the late planting with corn noticeably behind for this time of year(a few spots with only 2-3 feet of growth). Currently running a 75 degree dewpoint.at Flying Cloud.with a forecast of 97, 97, 94, 94, and 91 for the next five days. That would be more tolerable if the nights would get below 75, but they won't.

Awesome weather...it's July and it should be hot as a motherfook and about time. Nice monster ridge taste good no?

Beats troughs and crappy nw flows of gloom and suicidal weather any day. Winter you expect that and roll with it but this is some pretty wild heat though expected, sure has signs of a nina comeback for winter. So good news for summer lovers and great news hopefully for winter lovers. Stay safe though and keep those bird baths full and fresh, dry out there gotta help out nature this time of year.

Baum enough with this posting like this, no one wants to see your trolling and insults of people.

Apologies. Have done neither. Have called out my local forecast office forecast calls and taken issue with those I feel hoping for severe weather and general hardship on people. Will continue to do so. I am taking charge of the kiddie brigade.....btw...next 7 days looks hot in the Midwest B)

Archived