• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Gonzalo00
    Newest Member
    Gonzalo00
6/9 Thunderstorm Discussion

Thx for posting as it shows how much more organized the storms ne of the city were closer to the upper level support and how scattered the storms are near nyc much more hit and miss, the squal line that blasted areas ne of nyc is no where to be found

Lol

• Replies 590
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Did the temps for all you guys peak well before this started happening or was this responsible for capping the temps and could they have gone higher?

I had been dropping slowly for hours before the winds picked up and dropped the temps drastically.

Thx for posting as it shows how much more organized the storms ne of the city were closer to the upper level support and how scattered the storms are near nyc much more hit and miss, the squal line that blasted areas ne of nyc is no where to be found

I wasn't serious, the storms that are approaching Long Island still look severe enough to warrant severe thunderstorm warnings.

I wasn't serious, the storms that are approaching Long Island still look severe enough to warrant severe thunderstorm warnings.

There was already a severe storm, in Nassau county. So bust for poor Noreaster.

Mt Holly has a very large area in warnings right now but not sure about any verification. They are calling for large hail and 60mph wind gusts from Morris county back into PA with that line that appears to be strengthening.

It has been my observation lately that the Philadelphia and Boston National Weather Services Forecast Offices are more free-flowing with severe thunderstorm warnings than the New York forecast office.

It has been my observation lately that the Philadelphia and Boston National Weather Services Forecast Offices are more free-flowing with severe thunderstorm warnings than the New York forecast office.

Yep, they are also cancelling the watch behind this line. While ALB and DIX still has watch up.for their areas.

Edit: ALB just cancelled the watch.

The gust front just came through here and the temperature bumped up to 80 from 76 with the offshore flow.

LOL you're probably the only person that happened to.... I was 80 before and am still there now. Actually down to 78 now.

Archived