Most Online
    12bet1 net
    Newest Member
    12bet1 net
6/9 Thunderstorm Discussion

• Replies 590
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Alex is right under a purple patch on radar. Meanwhile just got the strongest thunder of the night.

The hail lasted for about 5 min but it was definitely an amazing display-- I guess you could say it was pebble sized (around one inch) but it fell so fast and hard that my car was covered. How wide do you think the hail zone was? Like if I drove a mile from here in any direction, there wouldn't have been any hail?

Its impressive how quickly you surpassed nzucker as the king of "my house = ny metro".

There was no servere storms anywhere in the NYC, LI metro area SW. Just as I was calling for hours and hours ago. SPC showed the squall line maintaing itself to the coast when the shear and dymanics spoke otherwise. Shear and height falls > SBCAPE we saw this last week and it held true again today.

The cell flared up right over Alex, now it weakned again. Maybe we can get some of that rain west of the city, we could really use it. Alex, was it bigger than Pea?

It was like pea./pebble sized although for like a minute in that 5 min hail period it looked like it was about an inch wide-- that's when I was scared it was going to break my wind shield lol. I haven't seen hail in years so it was an amazing experience. I'm glad it occurred during the day so I could see it clearly.

The hail lasted for about 5 min but it was definitely an amazing display-- I guess you could say it was pebble sized (around one inch) but it fell so fast and hard that my car was covered. How wide do you think the hail zone was? Like if I drove a mile from here in any direction, there wouldn't have been any hail?

yes you were extremly luck, mile either way and it would have just been big rain drops.

im in albertson, just south of roslyn, had same size hail for about 1 minute...there was also a little purple echo around 6:45 just north of LIE...my gf driving home and no hail...crazy. As i write this, most lightning of the night...

I think you're right with your estimation regarding distances from your location. Probably much less than a mile in any direction. I had my dad once tell me hail was falling when he was at the store but at home 4 blocks away there was no hail.

It was like pea./pebble sized although for like a minute in that 5 min hail period it looked like it was about an inch wide-- that's when I was scared it was going to break my wind shield lol. I haven't seen hail in years so it was an amazing experience. I'm glad it occurred during the day so I could see it clearly.

how much rain did you pick up? Only .11 here and it was done in 2 minutes. Hail is probably my favorite type of severe weather, had 2 hail storms over the memorial day weknd in the southern adriondacks and it was very exciting.

Archived