Most Online
    12bet1 net
    Newest Member
    12bet1 net
6/9 Thunderstorm Discussion

• Replies 590
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There was no servere storms anywhere in the NYC, LI metro area SW. Just as I was calling for hours and hours ago. SPC showed the squall line maintaing itself to the coast when the shear and dymanics spoke otherwise. Shear and height falls > SBCAPE we saw this last week and it held true again today.

Uh, don't speak too soon. There are warnings currently in effect for a whole bunch of counties in central NJ, including where I live. Sky is looking really ominous to the NW right now with thunder and lightning.

Uh, don't speak too soon. There are warnings currently in effect for a whole bunch of counties in central NJ, including where I live. Sky is looking really ominous to the NW right now.

It already hailed twice from two different cells on Long Island so he's wrong.

how much rain did you pick up? Only .11 here and it was done in 2 minutes. Hail is probably my favorite type of severe weather, had 2 hail storms over the memorial day weknd in the southern adriondacks and it was very exciting.

Mine too-- I love hail.... I can do without the lightning and the other stuff lol. So far got 0.21 inches of rain, it's slowing up now.

There was no servere storms anywhere in the NYC, LI metro area SW. Just as I was calling for hours and hours ago. SPC showed the squall line maintaing itself to the coast when the shear and dymanics spoke otherwise. Shear and height falls > SBCAPE we saw this last week and it held true again today.

Somerville, nj area had 2.5" hail. What the hell are you talking about?

The hail lasted for about 5 min but it was definitely an amazing display-- I guess you could say it was pebble sized (around one inch) but it fell so fast and hard that my car was covered. How wide do you think the hail zone was? Like if I drove a mile from here in any direction, there wouldn't have been any hail?

My dad said there was no hail in Rockville Centre.

There is a really nice cell in Hunterdon County, moving ESE and just arriving into Somerset.

I'm actually in Monroe Township right now (southern Middlesex) and appear to be in that cell's trajectory. We did, however, just have a weak pop-up cell that was just a weak rumble or two of thunder and moderate rain...I hope that didn't take away too much instability. :/

You guys think they will get the yanks game?

They may not want to. Yanks are banged up and frankly would do better not playing tonight. There are so many games left that there isn't a need to start the game at 10pm and lots of rain to get through. I bet they cancel it so they dont have to lose again to the sox.

My dad said there was no hail in Rockville Centre.

Wow that sucks.... some posters just north of me in Albertson were reporting it too, maybe it just came due south and not east?

How far apart are we? Like 5 miles I think?

Archived