amirah5
    Newest Member
    amirah5
Severe wx potential Wednesday

free_man

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Taking a look at some of the soundings, its pretty clear some are underestimating the severe potential today. Just because strong tornados are rare in NE doesn't mean they don't occur. Some of the latest numbers are outright scary.

If we were to get tornadoes in the NE, this would seem to be the year with everything that has gone on down South and in Missouri.

OKX:

SEVERE THUNDERSTORMS ARE EXPECTED THIS AFTERNOON IN THE NEW YORKCITY METRO AND AREAS NORTH AND WEST. IN COLLABORATION WITHSPC...THERMODYNAMICS ARE HIGHLY SUGGESTIVE THAT A SEVERETHUNDERSTORM OR POSSIBLY A TORNADO WATCH WILL BE NEEDED EARLY THISAFTERNOON FOR THIS AREA. ONSHORE FLOW WILL LIMIT SEVERE POTENTIALFOR CENTRAL/EASTERN LONG ISLAND AND SE CT.

Well it looks lik there's not gonna be mulitple storms/lines today. That one line seems to be the main show. I was hoping we could delay things, but it appears the HRR was right withthe early storms being it

Need to get out the weenie cannon for 21 gun salute

Haha that is is. RUC is keeping 0-1km SRH and EHI pretty high across ME, srn VT, NH, MA, CT, and srn NY all through the afternoon (>200J/kg). This would be more than enough to support tornadoes with the CAPE profile in place. In fact, I would venture there to be a strong tornado or two if this really does pan out. I would honestly probably put out a 10% hatched area for SNE and NYC metro if I were making an outlook.

I agree about the possibility of a strong tornado or two. Not sure how discrete things will be but if not, there should still be a decent threat for some QLCS spinups.

Cell H6 showing a top to 41,000ft, vil of 79, 90% chance svr hail, hail size 2.50"

Headed straight towards Bennington County. Should be interesting to see what happens when that thing hits the Greens at 3,000ft.

Tell Wiz to go set up in Woodford, VT on RT 7 at 2,300ft to watch that when it rips through there. Bennington County is a severe weather magnet.

Archived