mowsee447
    Newest Member
    mowsee447
Severe wx potential Wednesday

free_man

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yea, hail.....by my standards, that's an F5.....but what I never seem to be able to convince you of is that this is a very common occurence; areas just to my N actually are decent for severe wx compared to my area....micro climate phenomenon of some sort.

Will would tell you the same thing....we have had this convo.

It's cool...never expect it.....I'll see some pea size once every 3-5 yrs or so.

It weakened overhead here as well. Some areas pulsed up..some pulsed down. I know what you mean by your screw zone, but elevated storms don't know any screw zone. Tell Buzzards Bay that.

Yea, hail.....by my standards, that's an F5.....but what I never seem to be able to convince you of is that this is a very common occurence; areas just to my N actually are decent for severe wx compared to my area....micro climate phenomenon of some sort.

It's cool...never expect it.....I'll see some pea size once every 3-5 yrs or so.

When I lived in Lowell it seems like I had pretty nasty thunderstorms quite a few times. Wilmington must be in a weird hole wrt severe. I looked on the tornadohistoryproject site, and while the maps are not very good, it looks like no tornadoes have hit Wilmington since at least 1950?

I grew up in Boxford, my folks now live in Groveland, and totally concur with Ray's assessment. I know this probably seems inaccurate, but it felt like T storms always seemed to march right down the Merrimack and missed us.

Happened to be on the phone with my Mom during this last escapade. According to Wundermap she was right under the purple part of the cell, and she said it got so dark she had to turn on lights and it rained like crazy, but no hail.

I grew up in Boxford, my folks now live in Groveland, and totally concur with Ray's assessment. I know this probably seems inaccurate, but it felt like T storms always seemed to march right down the Merrimack and missed us.

Happened to be on the phone with my Mom during this last escapade. According to Wundermap she was right under the purple part of the cell, and she said it got so dark she had to turn on lights and it rained like crazy, but no hail.

Exactly.

I hear what Scott is saying....must have been by cooincidence on this particular occasion, but more often than not thos same spots get it.

Exactly.

I hear what Scott is saying....must have been by cooincidence on this particular occasion, but more often than not thos same spots get it.

I've watched radar closely over the last few years ever since you said that. You have missed some good cells...maybe not severe, but passed to the north and south. I'm just saying it was more coincidence this time around, but it's all good.

Archived