Most Online
    EWR757
    Newest Member
    EWR757
June 2011 general discussion/obs thread

• Replies 890
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Like myself. I think we're going to get passed again tonight and tomorrow, with Northern Wisconsin potentially seeing some tonight (although that seems to be going down the wayside), and the Ohio Valley and very Southern Great Lakes seeing it tomorrow.

if for some reason nothing at all forms tonight then the front might be somewhat slower tomorrow given there wouldn't be a cold pool/outflow from the morning mcs helping to push the focus for later convection to the south. Plus there would be more heating further north and that might allow for earlier formation.

that said, i still think there will be lots of storms tonight, although maybe nothing with a tornado risk as earlier thought, and then the mcs most models were showing and thus the svr. threat SE of you tomorrow.

The SPC day2 outlook lines up pretty well with what the new NAM shows. Looks like an MCS develops over Iowa and quickly pushes east through northern Illinois into Indiana by evening. Since winds aloft aren't impressive at all, this will have to rely heavily on cold pool formation, which places the best shot of stronger winds further east towards Chicago/points east or southeast. The northern half of Indiana could get real interesting tomorrow evening. It looks like it stays pretty unstable in Ohio well past dark, so there's a good shot that much of Ohio would get impacted by this MCS late tomorrow evening.

NIce hail over NP, once again. This has to be about the 7-8th day I have seen hail already this spring/summer.

Tis the season for hail out in your area and the plains of CO and WY I believe. Was driving from Devil's Tower once to the Black Hills and managed to avoid baseball size hail by having my trusty weather radio with me so I could take a different route.

i guess we can put the heavy rainfall stuff in this thread..

but training heavy rains possible over N IL..the ground is till saoked from last weekends event in places..rivers high

I'm not sure if the models are picking up on this(haven't looked) but there appears to be a weak disturbance over SW IA/NW MO...you can almost make out a "warmfront" over IA and a "cold front" over Nw MO from this with the east-west warmfront lighting up now

HPC way too low with QPF

Disgusting outside. Though fuel for fire later potentially.

Hey, at least the heat index didn't move since our dewpoint crept down.

Yeah, I don't mind it as much on days like this. It's days when it's too capped or not enough forcing where it really stinks.

Up to 96...are you kidding me? I wonder if the 850's got a little warmer than expected.

A west wind with a cold front approaching will do that, even with only marginal temperature profiles.

We're at 92*F now at City Airport. Moisture advection has halted in the upper 60s.

Up to 96...are you kidding me? I wonder if the 850's got a little warmer than expected.

It would appear that it might be, at least if the RUC 3 hour forecast is accurate...at 21z it has 850 mb temps near 22C which is a hair warmer than what the models were showing for today.

Ok, NOW I think we're about done. I'll be shocked if our high is anything except 96 or 97.

Archived