• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    EWR757
    Newest Member
    EWR757
June 2011 general discussion/obs thread

Yeah the 30s for dewpoints was a bit surprising considering how wet it has been as of late, going to get chilly tonight :thumbsup:

This is great, as much as I love thunderstorms I did need my yard to dry out. Now after today and tomorrow, by all means bring on a stormier pattern once the ground is dry again. ;)

• Replies 890
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Today: Sunny, with a high near 70. Northwest wind between 11 and 15 mph.

Tonight: Patchy frost after 4am. Otherwise, mostly clear, with a low around 38. North wind between 4 and 7 mph becoming calm.

Friday: Sunny, with a high near 76. Calm wind.

We've been stuck in the mid 60s all day thanks to the decaying, but slow-to-move-out MCS. I've received about a half inch of rain. It appears we should be able to get into at least the low 70s later this afternoon/evening. I hope we can get a good thunderstorm sometime in the next ten days with this warm pattern because we still have not even had anything close to a strong storm, let alone severe.

Brrr... near record cold forecast for parts of northeast Ohio. From Accuweather for YNG airport:

Partly cloudy and cold with the temperature approaching the record low of 34 set in 1986. Low 37. Winds ENE at 5 mph gusting to 14 mph.

This pattern is reminiscent of June 1988. 90 degrees one day, then 30s two days later following a dry cold front. And we all know what happened later that summer with all the triple-digit heat...

We've been stuck in the mid 60s all day thanks to the decaying, but slow-to-move-out MCS. I've received about a half inch of rain. It appears we should be able to get into at least the low 70s later this afternoon/evening. I hope we can get a good thunderstorm sometime in the next ten days with this warm pattern because we still have not even had anything close to a strong storm, let alone severe.

We had very light showers and sprinkles off and on all day. Only managed a few hundredths though. Mosquitoes are really starting to get bad with all the rain we had last month (almost 7"). As much as I'd love a good storm I kind of want the rain to miss us for awhile.

850s are even cooler on today's model guidance for tomorrow. Only expecting 92ish here tomorrow now. A few days ago I thought we might have a shot above 95. Installed another 12000BTU window AC this evening, so I'm ready for some heat. :guitar:

Yay June!! It was 32C on Monday

University of Waterloo Weather Station

Date: June 3, 2011 Time: 12:00 am

Temperature (current): 8 °C

Temperature (24 hour max/min): 17.1 °C /7.9 °C

Precipitation (1 hour/24 hour): 0 mm / 0 mm

Relative Humidity/Dew Point: 94.5 % / 7.1 °C

Wind Speed and Direction: 0 km/h NW

Barometric Pressure: 102.2 kPa Rising

Incoming Radiation: 0 W/m2

Yay June!! It was 32C on Monday

University of Waterloo Weather Station

Date: June 3, 2011 Time: 12:00 am

Temperature (current): 8 °C

Temperature (24 hour max/min): 17.1 °C /7.9 °C

Precipitation (1 hour/24 hour): 0 mm / 0 mm

Relative Humidity/Dew Point: 94.5 % / 7.1 °C

Wind Speed and Direction: 0 km/h NW

Barometric Pressure: 102.2 kPa Rising

Incoming Radiation: 0 W/m2

Down to 5.6C right now. I'm actually shivering

Big time torching in to the 90's inland. Warm them lakes up while in the mid-70's here. Weekend looking about as good as it gets with more comfortable temps and DP's moving in until next weeks mini heatwave.. Wash/rinse/repeat pattern.. Maybe later next week MKE will finally cash in for those who have been waiting patiently for severe wx.

I had a very strange dream last night. It was May 20th and everybody on here was going nuts showing a triple phaser on the models. I have no clue what brought that on.

Triple phaser would be hard to pull off on May 20th lol. Where is that PV gonna come from? unsure.gif

The closest I can think of is the May 10, 1977 storm that smacked New England with heavy snow, even 6" down to Boston Common:

Absolutely amazing occurrence for our friends in the northeast

PUBLIC INFORMATION STATEMENT

NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE TAUNTON MA

1215 PM EDT FRI JUN 3 2011

...SOME PRELIMINARY TORNADO SURVEY INFORMATION...

THE NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE IN TAUNTON MASSACHUSETTS IS STILL IN

THE PROCESS OF CONDUCTING A STORM SURVEY. HOWEVER AT THIS TIME WE

ARE ABLE TO CONFIRM SOME INFORMATION REGARDING THE TORNADO THAT

PASSED FROM WESTFIELD THROUGH SPRINGFIELD AND EASTWARD TO MONSON AND

BEYOND.

SOME OF THE HARDEST HIT AREAS WILL BE CLASSIFIED WITH A RATING OF

EF-3 OR HIGHER ON THE ENHANCED FUJITA DAMAGE CLASSIFICATION SCALE.

WE ARE HOPING TO BE ABLE TO PROVIDE MORE COMPLETE INFORMATION ON

PATH LENGTH...PATH WIDTH...TIMING...AND EF SCALE RANKINGS...LATE

THIS EVENING.

Wow. It was 39 this morning back home in Ohio -- supposed to be 44 tonight. Crazy weather out there.

Yeah yesterday we were all grunged in with low clouds and passing light showers. Temps got no higher than the low 70s. Today was a whole world away from yesterday.

BTW my current weather thing below my avatar hasn't updated in days. Not sure what's going on with that.

Big time torching in to the 90's inland. Warm them lakes up while in the mid-70's here. Weekend looking about as good as it gets with more comfortable temps and DP's moving in until next weeks mini heatwave.. Wash/rinse/repeat pattern.. Maybe later next week MKE will finally cash in for those who have been waiting patiently for severe wx.

Like myself. I think we're going to get passed again tonight and tomorrow, with Northern Wisconsin potentially seeing some tonight (although that seems to be going down the wayside), and the Ohio Valley and very Southern Great Lakes seeing it tomorrow.

Archived