wigl5l6k
    Newest Member
    wigl5l6k
Severe Weather Threat Friday?

weatherwiz

• Replies 466
  • Created
  • Last Reply

hmmmm...maybe that's the smartest move. don't know.

i don't like directing people. LOL.

i think i'd be headed w on 90 hoping something interesting happens with those cells to the SW.

That terrain sucks out there, but once in a while the terrain breaks and you get a nice view. The cell near Saratoga is nasty, but I wonder if we wait a few to see how those single cells perform to the southwest?

hmmmm...maybe that's the smartest move. don't know.

i don't like directing people. LOL.

i think i'd be headed w on 90 hoping something interesting happens with those cells to the SW.

lol either way chasing without a cell phone or computer isn't too smart these days

That terrain sucks out there, but once in a while the terrain breaks and you get a nice view. The cell near Saratoga is nasty, but I wonder if we wait a few to see how those single cells perform to the southwest?

yeah unfortunately none of them looks particularly awe-inspiring. the one to his north is looking a bit better on the latest sweep.

yeah unfortunately none of them looks particularly awe-inspiring. the one to his north is looking a bit better on the latest sweep.

That's a risk to the north, because if that crosses your longitude..you're done. Maybe he can get a look at the structure or something from the southern point of view. That's usually the better side to see structure.

If he's near 87 he can jump on the northway and be in saratoga springs in about 25 mins

Doubtful..the freakin' traffic north to the 'Dacks and LG was heavy...couldn't do more than 50 in places..it did thin a bit around 'toga to let you get up to 65-70. With his luck too he'd get pulled over by a trooper they were all over the Northway.

I wasn't really thinking an early show.... it was going to take some time to initiate convection to our west with not much of a trigger.

18z ALB sounding pretty unimpressive... though there is virtually no cap on it.

Like yesterday no CAP and even less CAPE then the AM sounding

Archived