wigl5l6k
    Newest Member
    wigl5l6k
Severe Weather Threat Friday?

weatherwiz

• Replies 466
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well I mean good lapse rates like these overhead. I don't recall at one point last summer where we had 8C/Km or better. It's usually 6C/KM crap that is leftover taint from convection in the southeast or Great Lakes.

We had one in early June that produced widespread svr in VT/W MA/CT after dark.

But there were a few solid days with 7 or 7.5 c/km lapse rates that we had a death ridge parked overhead lol

We had one in early June that produced widespread svr in VT/W MA/CT after dark.

But there were a few solid days with 7 or 7.5 c/km lapse rates that we had a death ridge parked overhead lol

I had a couple of good storms to start June off. One of them at night with nickels thrown around and pinp pong balls 2 miles east in Quincy. But once the death ridge became established..that was it.

I had a couple of good storms to start June off. One of them at night with nickels thrown around and pinp pong balls 2 miles east in Quincy. But once the death ridge became established..that was it.

Remember that seabreeze storm that fire up in Quincy and literally rode the cost due south dropping hail?

It seems like the 80s and some years in the 90s were great for tstms. I remember some great ones when I was younger. Maybe things seemed more larger than life being younger, but years like '88 were pretty crazy. I remember July '89 too because we had a brief tornado in Brockton..but on the other side of town.

Remember that seabreeze storm that fire up in Quincy and literally rode the cost due south dropping hail?

Not really...maybe that's when I was gone..but the corridor from srn ORH county through Hingham/Weymouth gets nailed it seems. I've seen outflow shoot south from Boston harbor and fire storms in that area.

It seems like the 80s and some years in the 90s were great for tstms. I remember some great ones when I was younger. Maybe things seemed more larger than life being younger, but years like '88 were pretty crazy. I remember July '89 too because we had a brief tornado in Brockton..but on the other side of town.

My mom saw that storm, said the sky was green!

I think we had a few good storm in se mass in the 90's. One day in 97 or 98 I remeber that it was very hot. And the wind was wild that day we had small showers with thunder for what seemed like all afternoon. I rember that all the local tv stations had weather crawls, or were breaking into to talk about storms. Late that night my dad was watching nbc 10 out of Ri when a weather warning came on. I dont know why( I think it was damage from high winds/hail maybe???) My parents had us all go to the basement, could have been a torndo warning of all things. Lots of lightning and small hail that lasted more than a few moments.

I just remember a summer or two ago and it dropped big hail in duxbury

I showed up to a party just after it dropped the hail. 2" hail was all over the ground, but it was more what they call "oblong" meaning the length was greater than the width. It wasn't the circular, spikey hail they get in the Plains but impressive regardless. I guess bigger hail fell a mile away. That was Memorial weekend.

I just remember a summer or two ago and it dropped big hail in duxbury

That might have been memorial day weekend in 2009. There was a good event that weekend and then we got nothing the rest of the summer north of HFD.

I already made it this morning.

It's called Let's Kick off severe wx season!!!!!

Mon and Wed look much more interesting. What are you doing anyway, chasing? LOL Goto the closest college you can find , you can chase girlies , which is almost as good as severe.

I was surprised to see taunton not mention seabreeze in the afd.. it was modeled and is occurring now here

Yeah I'm hovering around 80 now., but look at radar (especially TDWR). You can see the seabreeze over the city, but the south wind is pushing north..practically right into our area. CU around me now from that.

Archived