Most Online
    wigl5l6k
    Newest Member
    wigl5l6k
Severe Weather Threat Friday?

weatherwiz

:lol:

My time is pressed.

About to be going to McDonalds soon...hungry.

Hoping things take off within a few hours...radar looking nice right now with development ongoing...could be a very nice bowing line later on.

NE motion to the stuff Wiz. For ENY to see anything it better develop across EPA or the Poconos better yet.

• Replies 466
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If you see lightning hold your club in the air...it will help tell you which direction the storm is coming from.

Good one.. if you see a downed power line from all of the cloud damage make sure you drive over it

Still not a single cloud in the sky. What a waste of good mid-level lapse rates and a lot of instability.

Lol what a difference a week makes.. last week we we had chairs tipped for sun this week we want clouds/convection

Still not a single cloud in the sky. What a waste of good mid-level lapse rates and a lot of instability.

Your posts crack me up in the summer. Always negative about any thunderstorm potential... while in the winter you're whipping weenies against the wall left and right for a storm that will only bring an inch of snow to the monadnocks lol

Your posts crack me up in the summer. Always negative about any thunderstorm potential... while in the winter you're whipping weenies against the wall left and right for a storm that will only bring an inch of snow to the monadnocks lol

It's an awful waste of a setup. We may never see these lapse rates again this summer.

Its easy to be optimistic in winter and pessimistic in summer...opposite seasons here with generally opposite results in potential. Severe season is for us like hoping for big snowstorms in Virginia...pessimism usually wins out.

Today is kind of annoying because we have adequate shear and very good instability with steep ML lapse rates, but getting screwed by subsidence.

Its easy to be optimistic in winter and pessimistic in summer...opposite seasons here with generally opposite results in potential. Severe season is for us like hoping for big snowstorms in Virginia...pessimism usually wins out.

Today is kind of annoying because we have adequate shear and very good instability with steep ML lapse rates, but getting screwed by subsidence.

severe events by their nature screw most people most of the time. They're very isolated. Even widespread events leave 95% of people with nothing other than a good light show.

Winter events are different because they drop snow over a huge chunk of real estate.

Working and covering an entire area I find svr events fun even if I don't even see a bolt of lightning while areas 40 miles away in our viewing area are getting smacked by golf balls.

Archived