• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    wigl5l6k
    Newest Member
    wigl5l6k
Severe Weather Threat Friday?

weatherwiz

it may ultimately just wash out, but there does appear to be a small boundary running NE to SW from like the DXR region through the lower hudson valley. looks like the remnants of the overnight marine influence, slightly lower Tds and a SE flow on the southerly side of the line (also seems to be demarcated by a thinning line of stratus on vis sat). grasping for straws maybe but who knows, perhaps that helps feed anything that tries to get going in the lower HV area.

There are all sorts of boundaries leftover from yesterday's convection. Who knows if any are enough to pop some TCU.

• Replies 466
  • Created
  • Last Reply

it may ultimately just wash out, but there does appear to be a small boundary running NE to SW from like the DXR region through the lower hudson valley. looks like the remnants of the overnight marine influence, slightly lower Tds and a SE flow on the southerly side of the line (also seems to be demarcated by a thinning line of stratus on vis sat). grasping for straws maybe but who knows, perhaps that helps feed anything that tries to get going in the lower HV area.

Yeah it shows up on the NAM too. Almost a weak WF feature near NJ. Satellite shows the stratus coming in from the east and southeast as well.

fwiw... 0-6km bulk shear definitely more impressive on the 12z NAM than it's been. Wind fields between 500 and 700mb are more impressive. Also a -10 LI for BDL on the NAM (with a 72F td lol)

That dry air further east will def try to kill off the updrafts. I wonder if we mix out dews a bit this aftn. That ribbon of better moisture and KI is definitely out west.

fwiw... 0-6km bulk shear definitely more impressive on the 12z NAM than it's been. Wind fields between 500 and 700mb are more impressive. Also a -10 LI for BDL on the NAM (with a 72F td lol)

All this said I would like to see some Cu begin to form, even over the higher terrain of ENY and NE and i don't see much if any....

That dry air further east will def try to kill off the updrafts. I wonder if we mix out dews a bit this aftn. That ribbon of better moisture and KI is definitely out west.

Yeah definitely. It is definitely a convoluted setup. Will be interesting to see what winds up transpiring.

i love it. puts me in a good mood. i was so f-ing tired of clouds/drizzle and 50F.

Me too..nothing like firing open the windows..letting the high dews in..tracking potential thunderstorms.. and that general summertime mood. We've made it thru our worst time of year. It's time for hippies to cut hair, berets tossed aside, and Ray's yellow BUM equipment sweatshirt boxed away

Did you spill Lesco in yer undies?

Radar looks pretty clear for everyone attm

Maybe starting around 3PM?

I just put 10-10-10 in the bushes and shrubs. That stuff works pretty well and those pellets gradually break down.

For my garden I have a mix of soil, miracle-gro soil, and manure. I'll fertilize it with a water soluble fertilizer when I water, since they're in pots.

Archived