joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Severe Weather Threat Friday?

weatherwiz

• Replies 466
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I see some stuff did pop up toward GFL. Maybe he got into that....

I mean I wouldn't have traveled 150 miles for that. LOL but he could say he heard thunder. He can go to Six Flags Great Escape or take a Lake George cruise on the Minnehaha. ;) ...I mean if you are there....

I was thinking that...Albany is fairly tame for the most part

If he was at the library in ALB he wasn't in the ghetto. ALB has two modest ghettos (by real big city standards) ..the South End and Arbor Hill (north end). Maybe his GPS took him through the South End or something. But I drive through there lots of times and haven't been accosted yet. Most of the crime in these places is frankly by locals on other locals who know each other or boyfriends shooting girlfriends or wives etc....

I was thinking that...Albany is fairly tame for the most part

I still think the best severe threat is going to be north of ALB and into VT later today.

Maybe GFL and RUT?

That's awful chasing area up there but that is probably will be the best threat.

You think they get hit again? From GFL north got hit pretty hard last night.

Depends how well the atmosphere recovers and how unstable areas north of ALB get. They have the best wind shear and synoptic scale left (right entrance region of jet streak).

The best instability though... with steepest mid level lapse rates... will be south of ALB toward POU, the Berkshires, and W CT.

This is another example of BTB severe weather events not happening in the Northeast. We really have powerfull storms yesterday in the southern dacks with multiple reports of 70+ wind and very large hail. Hard to get the atmosphere to recover so fast after that, plus the forcing was much weaker.

If he was at the library in ALB he wasn't in the ghetto. ALB has two modest ghettos (by real big city standards) ..the South End and Arbor Hill (north end). Maybe his GPS took him through the South End or something. But I drive through there lots of times and haven't been accosted yet. Most of the crime in these places is frankly by locals on other locals who know each other or boyfriends shooting girlfriends or wives etc....

Yeah...I used to drive through Arbor Hill every day, though places can appear worse than they are if you're just passing through for the first time

That's the first thing I noticed at OKC! I went to the bathroom and there was the tornado shelter sign right above the mens room sign! lol!

Saw that in Binghamton Alabama airport too, able to take a dump during a twister, wonder if the water drains oppo while in the vortex?

Ryan wonders why I piss on severe wx "threats" here. Even W SNE got jack today. He probably hates me for getting excited over a 4-7" snow event for ORH that has no chance in HFD though, so it evens out.

I got excited last June 6th and was let down. It happens, but the good setups are far and few between. Early next week has some potential...maybe we can get an EML in here...those are not common but next week has a chance.

Ryan wonders why I piss on severe wx "threats" here. Even W SNE got jack today. He probably hates me for getting excited over a 4-7" snow event for ORH that has no chance in HFD though, so it evens out.

I got excited last June 6th and was let down. It happens, but the good setups are far and few between. Early next week has some potential...maybe we can get an EML in here...those are not common but next week has a chance.

At least in a snow event we can easily over perform by getting into a defornation band or some renegade band of S+, but that planets and stars all have to align for SNE to get good severe.

It seems to me our best thunderstorms here ..though maybe not tornadic...are from southeastward dropping MCC's in the Summer. Just my observation of the day. :) Last night was really quite pleasant here with a low of 57. Those storms that formed in Central NY finally reached us around 1 AM with some booms and wind swept showers.

It seems to me our best thunderstorms here ..though maybe not tornadic...are from southeastward dropping MCC's in the Summer. Just my observation of the day. :) Last night was really quite pleasant here with a low of 57. Those storms that formed in Central NY finally reached us around 1 AM with some booms and wind swept showers.

Better mid level lapse rates along with being driven by jet stream winds. That's why. Sometimes you guys can do real well with a strong s/w moving in from the Great Lakes and strong low pressure with srly flow at the surface. No marine taint.

Archived