wigl5l6k
    Newest Member
    wigl5l6k
Severe Weather Threat Friday?

weatherwiz

• Replies 466
  • Created
  • Last Reply

EIther this is a total bust by SPC or it's just a much later show than anyone thought...maybe more like last nite's timing?

Well the SPC didn't have either of us in slight risk or even a watch. I think most of the watch area... upstate NY... VT/NH looks primed for some good storms.

The unfortunate Wiz sat for hours and hours,

nothing was popping, not even some showers,

he kept his head held high, his eyes to the sky

seeing nothing, but blue sky and sunshine

storms to the west, storms to the south,

so poor wizzy kept stuffing his mouth,

a 40 here, a 40 there,

40s to stifle that hot humid air

the day came and went, no severe in site

wiz returned angry driving through the night

"NEXT WEEK" he thought, the models say so,

Wiz, it's SNE...no, just no.

The unfortunate Wiz sat for hours and hours,

nothing was popping, not even some showers,

he kept his head held high, his eyes to the sky

seeing nothing, but blue sky and sunshine

storms to the west, storms to the south,

so poor wizzy kept stuffing his mouth,

a 40 here, a 40 there,

40s to stifle that hot humid air

the day came and went, no severe in site

wiz returned angry driving through the night

"NEXT WEEK" he thought, the models say so,

Wiz, it's SNE...no, just no.

:lmao:

Wish I lived in NNE year-round. Congrats. Best snow/cold, best severe.

Yeah, Would not want to live anywhere else, Could get interesting later with the front slowly sinking SE as long as we maintain the heating and fight off the marine intrusion that will kill off the convection

I know that. But Some folks were forecasting an early show today..and that hasn't happened .I'm not talking about CT.I never expected much east of HFD

I wasn't really thinking an early show.... it was going to take some time to initiate convection to our west with not much of a trigger.

18z ALB sounding pretty unimpressive... though there is virtually no cap on it.

I wasn't really thinking an early show.... it was going to take some time to initiate convection to our west with not much of a trigger.

18z ALB sounding pretty unimpressive... though there is virtually no cap on it.

You'd think there'd be a few storms popping out in NYS and Pa. There's nothing..nada, zippo, zero, zilch

You'd think there'd be a few storms popping out in NYS and Pa. There's nothing..nada, zippo, zero, zilch

Best forcing is over upstate NY. And there's storms firing N and W of Albany and up over the Dacks. I never was too excited about the PA potential today.

3000 cape being wasted in interior se ma

Goes to show it requires a really great setup to get significant severe in SNE. Parameters mean nothing when you do not have a strong forcing mechanism, that is SNE for you. Get the extreme CAPE and other modeled goodies but a cap or subsidence , seabreeze, cloudcover /debris..etc etc

Added my rule of thumb: If setup oesn't take shape by 3pm, you can just about forget about it for ENE. This is May and June only.

Let's get some in the Poconos..then it might get fun for some folks

i think it would be tough for stuff in the poconos to make it into C SNE...maybe in some diminished decayed form it could.

your better prayer would be a cell somehow pops thanks to some mt. tolland induced differential heating zone.

i think it would be tough for stuff in the poconos to make it into C SNE...maybe in some diminished decayed form it could.

your better prayer would be a cell somehow pops thanks to some mt. tolland induced differential heating zone.

EIther way I don't/wasn't expecting anyhting where I am. I just was hoping we could see some stuff in W SNE..and maybe Wiz could catch something up there. He doesn't have a cell phone..so he has no idea what he's doing or where to go

yup... he may want to try Saratoga County?

it's kind of a catch 22 right now. he could ride north like up 87 and potentially catch the stuff forming to his west...but he might miss if it beats him moving NE too quick...then he'd likely miss anything forming in the SE catskills heading toward the HV. if i were out there and didn't have to worry about time or money, i'd maybe go north toward GF?

it's kind of a catch 22 right now. he could ride north like up 87 and potentially catch the stuff forming to his west...but he might miss if it beats him moving NE too quick...then he'd likely miss anything forming in the SE catskills heading toward the HV. if i were out there and didn't have to worry about time or money, i'd maybe go north toward GF?

Yeah I would do GFL.

I'm not thinking we get much of anything into SNE save Berkshire county today. Subsidence is just too much to overcome.

EIther way I don't/wasn't expecting anyhting where I am. I just was hoping we could see some stuff in W SNE..and maybe Wiz could catch something up there. He doesn't have a cell phone..so he has no idea what he's doing or where to go

how the hell do you go out there w/out a phone/internet? that's pointless. he must have one with him. or his friend or something.

Archived