WEST SENECA           32.0   424 PM  12/2 COCORAHS
  WEST SENECA           29.0   400 PM  12/2 SKYWARN
  LANCASTER             27.0   300 PM  12/2 NWS EMPLOYEE
  WEST SENECA           23.0   330 PM  12/2 SPOTTER
  WEST SENECA           22.4   300 PM  12/2 SPOTTER
  WEST SENECA           22.0   330 PM  12/2 NWS EMPLOYEE
  WILLIAMSVILLE          2.5   229 PM  12/2 NWS EMPLOYEE

$$

This better be a joke, otherwise you're nominated to get banned. Complete blasphemy.......

No seriously I even want it to stop. My girlfriend says theres 38 inches in West Seneca. Other reports are from 32-40 inches. West Seneca is a very populated town and almost 40 inches of snow is crazy. My girlfriend says the piles of snow are well over her head and shes 5 foot 8. She says shes shoveled more yesterday and today then All of last winter!

But back to the serious note, it really does need to stop. There are SOOOOOO many cars stranded and stuck. Ambulences and mailtrucks and fire trucks, and dump trucks, and semi trucks are stuck. There are scattered branches down. I have no idea how the roads are going to get clear because the roads are just jammed packed with cars sitting there. Its so bad there you literally cant even see cars in the street and there are several accidents because people dont know theres a car under a huge pile of snow and then BAM accident. The meteorogical aspect of this storm is freakin awesome but enough is enough this is getting very serious. Several driving bans and travel advisories in effect. Schools in West Seneca already closed for tomorrow. State of emergency to go in effect later im hearing.

No seriously I even want it to stop. My girlfriend says theres 38 inches in West Seneca. Other reports are from 32-40 inches. West Seneca is a very populated town and almost 40 inches of snow is crazy. My girlfriend says the piles of snow are well over her head and shes 5 foot 8. She says shes shoveled more yesterday and today then All of last winter!

But back to the serious note, it really does need to stop. There are SOOOOOO many cars stranded and stuck. Ambulences and mailtrucks and fire trucks, and dump trucks, and semi trucks are stuck. There are scattered branches down. I have no idea how the roads are going to get clear because the roads are just jammed packed with cars sitting there. Its so bad there you literally cant even see cars in the street and there are several accidents because people dont know theres a car under a huge pile of snow and then BAM accident. The meteorogical aspect of this storm is freakin awesome but enough is enough this is getting very serious. Several driving bans and travel advisories in effect. Schools in West Seneca already closed for tomorrow. State of emergency to go in effect later im hearing.

Welcome to lake Effect Snow.......It comes with the territory. Remember what you're wishing for the next time a historic storm is on the horizon. But the reason we're sitting here typing is because we are educated enough to know when and how this event will go down, thus we are not stuck on the Thruway. Situational Awareness is critical in this day....bring on the snow, be smart......I love winter.

And listen man, by tomorrow night/Saturday morning...the only real issue will be horrendous side streets. Everything will be fine, the event is almost over, and since the area affected is so small there will be more than enough resources to handle this situation. Just relax and enjoy it, go play in it for gods sake!

This not too far from my gf in West Seneca earlier today (about 2pm)

I found my car!

Feeling kinda ripped off on this event. Hopefully a 270 flow comes around soon. Looking in the long range, blocking seems to still be in high effect, stalling all the storms out to our east and causing them to retrograde.

I can only hope!

Do you notice the little button on the lower left of people's posts??? It had the word "Report" on it......one more slip up like the one above and I'll hit that sucker and the snowstarved mid Atlantic mods will send you back to Eastern....:scooter:

Great pics!! :thumbsup::snowman:

Really? wow.... Now that's an INSANE cutoff.

I am a physician at one of the major Buffalo hospitals. On the top floor, I could see the "wall" of snow in the very near distance (1/2 mile), but it very rarely reached the hospital. Another important aspect of this storm is that this lake effect event occurred in an area that normlly does not get he brunt of the action. Normally, the stationary and persistent bands occurr abou 10 miles further south in Orchard Park and Hamburg. Not to say that West Seneca folks don't get he 12 inch amounts regularly in LES events, but these folks live by the adage "Don't worry, the band is heading south and will OP, Hamburg, Ski Country hardest." 20 in. + events are not a rarity once down near the Boston Hills.

I am a physician at one of the major Buffalo hospitals. On the top floor, I could see the "wall" of snow in the very near distance (1/2 mile), but it very rarely reached the hospital. Another important aspect of this storm is that this lake effect event occurred in an area that normlly does not get he brunt of the action. Normally, the stationary and persistent bands occurr abou 10 miles further south in Orchard Park and Hamburg. Not to say that West Seneca folks don't get he 12 inch amounts regularly in LES events, but these folks live by the adage "Don't worry, the band is heading south and will OP, Hamburg, Ski Country hardest." 20 in. + events are not a rarity once down near the Boston Hills.

The day before a March snowstorm in 2009 I noticed at a hospital near where I live, that they closed off the doctors parking lot, I guess to make sure they could quickly plow out the snow once it started.

Archived