• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    northernriwx
    Newest Member
    northernriwx
SNE April obs/disco Thread

HoarfrostHubb

Took until 330 am to get it back above 60 here...good try though.

You are back in mid summer form...opposite of winter. We have seen the two extremes this same month...you trying to ignore the rain you were obviously getting on April 1 while we got 7" of snow here and now going for the most extreme heat late April. :lol:

But I wont be on nearly as often this warm season...busted severe wx events aren't very fun.

Late May and June are going to rock.

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hopefully Ryan comes back to 50 and drizzle next week.

It was cool flying into Logan last night, as you could see the street lights of various cities illuminate the stratus above in an almost eery sort of way. It may have been around CT, but you could clearly see where the stratus ended because city lights where clearly visible to the north of the low clouds and fog.

I'm getting more and more like Ray with each year when it comes to tstms in SNE, and it's not like I need an EF4 to impress me. I love a good storm with CG, but warm season events stink around here. We can only hope we get some sort of EML this summer..or maybe a cold pool season like '08, but our bread and butter is winter wx.

I'm getting more and more like Ray with each year when it comes to tstms in SNE, and it's not like I need an EF4 to impress me. I love a good storm with CG, but warm season events stink around here. We can only hope we get some sort of EML this summer..or maybe a cold pool season like '08, but our bread and butter is winter wx.

It would be really nice to get a solid EML event here. Perhaps it will happen this summer.

A cold pool season like 2008 would be the best! Severe wx virtually every other day and those setups can really rock and even the coast can get into the fun...hell even Nantucket had hail that summer.

Kevin is going to be talking about huge squall lines and big storms all summer while we get a few marginal events. Severe wx sucks here, no doubt about it. Maybe we'll get lucky this summer, but I never count on it.

2009 was epic, he was calling for a faux torch every week and huge storms to finish it off and we never got them...it was 60F all summer with strataform rain. :lol:

Kevin is going to be talking about huge squall lines and big storms all summer while we get a few marginal events. Severe wx sucks here, no doubt about it. Maybe we'll get lucky this summer, but I never count on it.

2009 was epic, he was calling for a faux torch every week and huge storms to finish it off and we never got them...it was 60F all summer with strataform rain. :lol:

July 2009 had some decent severe wx events but that was about it...June/August blew.

July 2009 had some decent severe wx events but that was about it...June/August blew.

CT had that one tornado episode in July, but it was 60F here and drizzle while the warm front was near the CT/MA border. That will happen sometimes...price we pay for getting more snow than Kevin's torch location.

Took until 330 am to get it back above 60 here...good try though.

You are back in mid summer form...opposite of winter. We have seen the two extremes this same month...you trying to ignore the rain you were obviously getting on April 1 while we got 7" of snow here and now going for the most extreme heat late April. :lol:

But I wont be on nearly as often this warm season...busted severe wx events aren't very fun.

Not good for sleepping

CT had that one tornado episode in July, but it was 60F here and drizzle while the warm front was near the CT/MA border. That will happen sometimes...price we pay for getting more snow than Kevin's torch location.

We had two separate tornado days in July, I forgot when the first one was...might have been the 14th, that produced one tornado then on the 31st when we had two tornadoes.

Not good for sleepping

It was great....I fell asleep to 51F with the windows open. It would have been nice to keep it all morning, but its better than being 67F all night like it was down in the torch areas south of the MA/CT border.

Hopefully Ryan comes back to 50 and drizzle next week.

It was cool flying into Logan last night, as you could see the street lights of various cities illuminate the stratus above in an almost eery sort of way. It may have been around CT, but you could clearly see where the stratus ended because city lights where clearly visible to the north of the low clouds and fog.

Plus, you probalby knew exactly where/when you'd experience bumps on the flight home. ;)

Welcome back!

61.1/60

:wub:

Not good for sleepping

I woke to the Delicate Sound of Thunder at around 4:20, so I knew you had the front moving too quickly, but you were correct that it snuck up here in a Scooter sort of way.

It was still rather cool on the way into work

Northeastern Mass might never get past 60-65? Front shows nicely on the ol' mesomap

It was great....I fell asleep to 51F with the windows open. It would have been nice to keep it all morning, but its better than being 67F all night like it was down in the torch areas south of the MA/CT border.

I absolutely despise drizzle and fog this time of year, but I don't want 90F wx either. 60s and 70s is perfect this time of year.

Another ridiculously warm morning.

Another fine day on tap once the fog burns off, hoping for 80 today.

April coming in very + for the month, as excpected no rain last night, what looked to be a wet dreary week has turned into a little slice of heaven!

........................and WoW, Friday, Saturday, and Sunday all three days sunny and mid to upper 60s are you kidding me???????????????

BEST SPRING EVER

My Dogwoods opened overnight, major leaf out in progress.

Leaf-out has really accelerated here....had some light rain overnight to the tune of around .01", but now stuck in the fog at 59.2/59. I doubt we're going to achieve the really warm temperatures that were originally expected; NWS has lowered the forecast high from 79F to 74F. Looks as if yesterday was the real torch, now we deal with onshore flow and cloud cover for today and tomorrow, although the sun is now trying to peek out. If we get full sunshine to burn off this garbage, 80s are definitely a possibility but today will probably fall short of the 80.6F reading we had in southern Westchester yesterday. T-storms are in the forecast for the next two days, and we certainly have the moisture available with dews around 60F, only thing lacking is good lapse rates and shear.

Like this?

Big torch cancel.

MAZ002-272000-

WESTERN FRANKLIN MA-

INCLUDING THE CITIES OF...ASHFIELD...CHARLEMONT...COLRAIN...

SHELBURNE

715 AM EDT WED APR 27 2011

.TODAY...MOSTLY CLOUDY WITH A 20 PERCENT CHANCE OF SHOWERS. HIGHS

AROUND 70. TEMPERATURE FALLING INTO THE UPPER 50S THIS AFTERNOON.

SOUTH WINDS 5 TO 10 MPH.

61.4/61

Big torch cancel.

MAZ002-272000-

WESTERN FRANKLIN MA-

INCLUDING THE CITIES OF...ASHFIELD...CHARLEMONT...COLRAIN...

SHELBURNE

715 AM EDT WED APR 27 2011

.TODAY...MOSTLY CLOUDY WITH A 20 PERCENT CHANCE OF SHOWERS. HIGHS

AROUND 70. TEMPERATURE FALLING INTO THE UPPER 50S THIS AFTERNOON.

SOUTH WINDS 5 TO 10 MPH.

61.4/61

That's a typo. They have that here too. It's a mistake

It would be really nice to get a solid EML event here. Perhaps it will happen this summer.

A cold pool season like 2008 would be the best! Severe wx virtually every other day and those setups can really rock and even the coast can get into the fun...hell even Nantucket had hail that summer.

I had my EML in winter with snow, never will forget it.

Archived