Gonzalo00
    Newest Member
    Gonzalo00
SNE April obs/disco Thread

HoarfrostHubb

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Never got out of the dense overcast down this way. Topped off maybe around 63-64 around noon when sky was brightest. Clouds thickened back up a couple hours ago even had some light sprinkles. Weekend looks great though!

Dreading any cutoff scenario next week. Nothing depresses me more in the spring or summer than the words "cutoff low".

Never got out of the dense overcast down this way. Topped off maybe around 63-64 around noon when sky was brightest. Clouds thickened back up a couple hours ago even had some light sprinkles. Weekend looks great though!

Dreading any cutoff scenario next week. Nothing depresses me more in the spring or summer than the words "cutoff low".

75.2F for a high here (bad thermometer and all). KFIT broke 80F in their sauna

I bet BDL was pretty warm?

wow thats hard to believe, we burned off the fog around 930 then the fog came back around 3 but in between sun and around 70

Its pretty nice out there now. We had mostly overcast skies all afternoon so temps never got much above 71-72F here. Down to 68 now and we've had a nice brisk southerly breeze.

I'd like the dews about 10F lower, but its certainly not been oppressive today. This weekend will be almost perfect.

Hit 79F way up here away from the marine influence with the combination of some downsloping SSW winds off of the Monads. Looks like the hot spot for the day will end up around MHT-ASH-LWM or maybe out by AQW. We'll see when the 00z maxes come in.

Its interesting how the temperature pattern played out today. The high temps in majority of SNE were just after lunch time and then it cooled a bit as the influence from LI sound and the Atlantic become stronger. High temps in CNE have been late afternoon in the 4-5pm time range. We also had overcast skies nearly all afternoon here. NE MA and NW MA had more sunshine and were also further away from the marine influence.

He was. All the mesos had him 78-79 ish. He broke into the warm sector even before I did

Try 76 for a high yesterday, 74 today. No torch here, just mild spring weather. No sign of the 80's you promised either. Must be hellish down there in the Southern flatlands. You should think about moving.

Try 76 for a high yesterday, 74 today. No torch here, just mild spring weather. No sign of the 80's you promised either. Must be hellish down there in the Southern flatlands. You should think about moving.

WOW Pete, that s impressive warmth compared to average for April 26 and 27th, certainly a TORCH for this time of year, good to keep things in perspective, tremendous weather hope you enjoyed it!

:maprain: You and your flood fetish

You want flooding, we got it last night and this morning. 2.70" of rain overnight here (up to 3.5" measured on Mansfield) coupled with a still deep snowpack above 1,500ft and a lot of water locked up in snowmaking at the ski resort... equaled epic flash flooding here as all that water drains off Mansfield's east slope down through the town of Stowe. True mountain flash flooding with raging waves floating whole trees (with root systems intact) down a river that is usually only knee deep at best. Pretty much every school in the county was closed due to flash flooding that peaked during the early morning hours.

I've never seen a river come up as quickly as the one in the backyard did. It was like a 3-6 foot increase in water level in 90 minutes. It was like a dam broke upstream once the ski resort's snowmaking ponds filled up and all that snowmelt/rainwater rushed down into town.

WOW Pete, that s impressive warmth compared to average for April 26 and 27th, certainly a TORCH for this time of year, good to keep things in perspective, tremendous weather hope you enjoyed it!

Well, yesterday I did get in 18 late in the day. Made a total mess of the first 3 holes, bad, then I settled down and made some nice golf shots but the damage was done. Good to practice. It was a lttle to warm for my liking yesterday but today was cloudy and we had some off and on showers through mid-day at 2k. It wasn't sunny at all until a few breaks in the mid/late afternoon. Certainly not an extreme torch as some are trying to sell.lol All the warmth has done is bring out the first black fly scouts.It's all good though Joe. I'll make the best of the off season and before you know it the '11-'12 ski season will have started. Still, wish I was in AK where Alyeska has announced their May hours. Endless Winter. Hmmmm.

lol, ik. laugh.gif But not really; I've been camping in the winter in 0F temps and done other extreme stuff most wouldn't do.

I just don't like sleeping in the warmth.

Most people aren't very intrepid. Stepping outside their comfort zone makes them anxious. Because of this they miss out on lots of fun. Don't be one of those people. There's even a guy on here that hates camping.

Archived