EWR757
    Newest Member
    EWR757
12/3-12/6 MW/GL snow event?

Thundersnow12

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

well I'm counting on that not being the exact placement of the bands and IWX has said the northern part of my County should receive the highest although the WRF has been very consistent with that band south of here so IDK. Reguardless, I will out in it :thumbsup:

I'm jealous. I think I need to move to a snow belt.

Approaching 3 inches here and still snowing moderately. Radar is still looking quite nice upstream. Quite the gradient across our county though as Southern areas of the county have picked up almost 3 inches while the far Northern portions barely have an inch.

Also for what it's worth, the precipitation shield was displaced quite a bit to the North and East across Eastern Indiana and Western Ohio then what the models were showing.

post-783-0-56349400-1291480131.png

I grew up on the shore of L MI in SW MI so down here is nothing like up there use to be so I miss it bad, but in due time I will live further north again.

Yeah, those areas normally get crushed, though the crown jewel of snow belts has to be Marquette. I was up there one April and they had 4 feet of snow on the ground.

I'm a little surprised to see the radar looking that good that far upstream. Here's a pic for now. Will probably take a few more later.

post-14-0-35412500-1291479407.jpg

All In FTW! Nice call and congrats to you and all the big wieners I mean winners.

Looks like close to 2" with the system here.. Maybe the lake will add a little half inch or inch bonus.

Yeah, those areas normally get crushed, though the crown jewel of snow belts has to be Marquette. I was up there one April and they had 4 feet of snow on the ground.

Yeah, growing uo my family had a cabin in the keweenaw near Copper harbor. Some of the most intense and persistant snows in the Country IMO.

I'm jealous. I think I need to move to a snow belt.

I was thinking about that too. The down side is that you could build up a resistance to enjoying snow, because you get it so often. Where we live, in the snow deserts, because we see it so infrequently we appreciate it more. If I was getting a foot of snow every couple of days, I'm sad to say, I might get sick of it.

I was thinking about that too. The down side is that you could build up a resistance to enjoying snow, because you get it so often. Where we live, in the snow deserts, because we see it so infrequently we appreciate it more. If I was getting a foot of snow every couple of days, I'm sad to say, I might get sick of it.

you keep telling yourself that if it makes you feel better. :guitar:

Something tells me you won't get sick of snow :)

URGENT - WINTER WEATHER MESSAGE

NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE CHICAGO IL

954 AM CST SAT DEC 4 2010

INZ002-050000-

/O.NEW.KLOT.LE.W.0002.101205T0000Z-101205T1500Z/

/O.EXT.KLOT.WW.Y.0009.000000T0000Z-101205T0000Z/

PORTER-

INCLUDING THE CITY OF...VALPARAISO

954 AM CST SAT DEC 4 2010

...WINTER WEATHER ADVISORY NOW IN EFFECT UNTIL 6 PM CST THIS

EVENING...

...LAKE EFFECT SNOW WARNING IN EFFECT FROM 6 PM THIS EVENING TO

9 AM CST SUNDAY...

THE NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE IN CHICAGO HAS ISSUED A LAKE EFFECT

SNOW WARNING...WHICH IS IN EFFECT FROM 6 PM THIS EVENING TO 9 AM

CST SUNDAY. THE WINTER WEATHER ADVISORY IS NOW IN EFFECT UNTIL

6 PM CST THIS EVENING.

* TIMING...SNOW WILL CONTINUE INTO THE AFTERNOON. ADDITIONAL LAKE

EFFECT SNOW IS EXPECTED TO DEVELOP THIS EVENING AND CONTINUE

INTO THE NIGHT.

* ACCUMULATIONS...2 TO 4 INCHES OF SNOW IS EXPECTED BY THIS

AFTERNOON...WITH AN ADDITIONAL 4 TO 7 INCHES OF LAKE EFFECT

SNOW POSSIBLE OVERNIGHT.

* IMPACTS...SNOW TODAY WILL RESULT IN UNTREATED ROADS BECOMING

SNOW COVERED AND SLIPPERY. LAKE EFFECT SNOW TONIGHT MAY PRODUCE

SNOWFALL RATES OF 1 TO 2 INCHES PER HOUR AND REDUCE VISIBILITIES

TO LESS THAN A QUARTER MILE.

How is there not a WSW for areas north of bloomington towards Ottawa and La Salle, Illinois. That areas is getting hammered. Wouldn't be surprised if they double up blomington on snow totals.

LOT is mentioning local totals near 8" but the afd talked about why they didn't upgrade.

you keep telling yourself that if it makes you feel better. :guitar:

Something tells me you won't get sick of snow :)

I've lived all my life in a place that averages 50" per season. An amount a nice upslope zone in a belt can get in a week. So I have no idea what it's like to get pelted nonstop for an entire winter. I know I'd love it initially, but after a couple of months, who knows? Especially since it's likely an area cutoff from civilization.

Archived