e46ds1x
    Newest Member
    e46ds1x
12/3-12/6 MW/GL snow event?

Thundersnow12

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I am very envious, but super happy for everyone looks like Chicago and LAF are next in line.

and North central IL is getting rocked. Looks like ratios are better then expected.

also some heavy sleet then rain that has come by us a bit unexpected.

but no snow.

good luck everyone

and as usual, 1 Flora in a dry slot, too far east for that band, and too far west for this stuff in Indiana...

The track of this storm is making me angry lol. From my experience clippers tend to straighten out and move more east as they drop out of the dakotas, and not so much SSE like this one. Glad to see a lot of people are getting their first big snows. Enjoy it. Also most models had this thing weakening as it moved Se, but there are healthy bands in northern illinois.

PRELIMINARY LOCAL STORM REPORT  
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE LINCOLN IL  
121 AM CST SAT DEC 04 2010     

.TIME...   ...EVENT...      ...CITY LOCATION...     ...LAT.LON     
.DATE...   ....MAG....      ..COUNTY LOCATION..ST.. ...SOURCE.                
..REMARKS..    

0100 AM     HEAVY SNOW       CHAMPAIGN               40.11N 88.26W   
12/04/2010  M6.5 INCH        CHAMPAIGN          IL   MESONET                         

MEASURED 6.5 INCHES OF SNOW WITH 1.5 INCHES OVER THE PAST 1 HOUR. 
MODERATE SNOW CURRENTLY FALLING.    

That huge green blob in IL is heading right towards LAF.

It's been painful watching some of the heavier returns try to move this way and not make it, although that is not really unexpected to this point. Heaviest snow has looked like it would be a few hours from now.

It's been painful watching some of the heavier returns try to move this way and not make it, although that is not really unexpected to this point. Heaviest snow has looked like it would be a few hours from now.

I know how you feel, living on the east side of STL, so many times on backsides of 700mb lows we have to wait hours for bands to barely move. Or hours for the dry air monster to subside.

looking at the radar, 06z ruc, rgem, and hi-res models 4-6 inches seems right for LAF this time, looking at the orientation of the band and how the storm starts taking a more southern route at this point, you may end up very very well up there. going to be on the ground for a while too.

I know how you feel, living on the east side of STL, so many times on backsides of 700mb lows we have to wait hours for bands to barely move. Or hours for the dry air monster to subside.

looking at the radar, 06z ruc, rgem, and hi-res models 4-6 inches seems right for LAF this time, looking at the orientation of the band and how the storm starts taking a more southern route at this point, you may end up very very well up there. going to be on the ground for a while too.

We'll see. I think 6" could be pushing it unless we get some fairly persistent banding. Since there wasn't a delayed start, a general 3-5" still seems pretty good with maybe an isolated higher amount. Gonna be watching the radar trends for a bit but not sure how much longer. Was up late last night checking out the 6z runs...this hobby is disgusting sometimes.

More snow keeps developing over the QC's

218 AM SNOW PARK VIEW 41.69N 90.54W

12/04/2010 E4.5 INCH SCOTT IA NWS EMPLOYEE

STORM TOTAL SO FAR. CURRENTLY HEAVY SNOW FALLING.

1200 AM SNOW DUBUQUE 42.50N 90.69W

12/04/2010 M5.9 INCH DUBUQUE IA OFFICIAL NWS OBS

STORM TOTAL SO FAR. 4.6 INCHES OF NEW SNOWFALL SINCE 6

PM

More snow keeps developing over the QC's

218 AM SNOW PARK VIEW 41.69N 90.54W

12/04/2010 E4.5 INCH SCOTT IA NWS EMPLOYEE

STORM TOTAL SO FAR. CURRENTLY HEAVY SNOW FALLING.

1200 AM SNOW DUBUQUE 42.50N 90.69W

12/04/2010 M5.9 INCH DUBUQUE IA OFFICIAL NWS OBS

STORM TOTAL SO FAR. 4.6 INCHES OF NEW SNOWFALL SINCE 6

PM

Looks like cyclone77 is getting hammered right now. He's got to be a lock for over 6".

Archived