Gonzalo00
    Newest Member
    Gonzalo00
12/3-12/6 MW/GL snow event?

Thundersnow12

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Right at 4" now. This latest band is just ripping on us. Even heavier just northeast. Best snow rates since that first heavy band.

csnavywx, Skilling's RPM model gave Dekalb 6.8" FWIW.:snowman:

Beginning to believe that might be close. Didn't think we really had a shot at 6 here, but early starts typically signal an overachieving system.

parents reporting that its snowing real heavily back at my house now; i'd guess they've picked up at least 6" by now and could finish near 9" or so... another near bullseye after i leave :arrowhead:

may have been mentioned before, but a plane skid off the taxiway at MSP today.

Congrats, cyclone(et al). I'm not really disappointed. The models have always had the best snow northeast of Cedar Rapids and have never shown it reaching much past CR to the sw. I certainly would've taken 3 or 4 inches, but only an inch wouldn't be worth the shoveling. We hardly even have a dusting now.

I'm surprised at how north-northwest/south-southeast oriented these bands are. I figured you guys would be lined up with us with this setup. The orientation of the cutoff ended up being tilted more north/south than some of the models indicated.

Started snowing about 45 minutes ago. Went from nothing to a steady light snow in about 2 minutes. Temp has dropped down to 30.

Flake size not too big right now, but as someone said earlier, there is a high volume of flakes or whatever you want to call it.

same here, started about an hour ago, alot of flakes but no size to them...yet. already a good coating on the streets.

Looks like the Dubuque to Clinton to Sterling - Rock Falls line was the jackpot. Pretty much what the models had been advertising for a couple days. Hindsight being 20/20, we could have left our original winter weather advisory as is, and not added counties to the southwest, and been fine.

1030 PM SNOW 4 NE LA SALLE 41.38N 89.05W

12/03/2010 U0.0 INCH LA SALLE IL LAW ENFORCEMENT

SEVERAL ACCIDENTS ON I-39 DUE TO SNOW COVERED ROAD

SURFACE JUST NORTH OF I-80...INCLUDING SOME VEHICLE

ROLL-OVERS.

My mother is in Moline and saw a truck roll over on I-80 on the way there. That was hours ago right after the snow started. Not gonna be a fun drive back...a good stretch is lit up with 20-30 dbz right now.

My mother is in Moline and saw a truck roll over on I-80 on the way there. That was hours ago right after the snow started. Not gonna be a fun drive back...a good stretch is lit up with 20-30 dbz right now.

Moline PD had about 60 accidents in town as of 6 PM. And we were hearing reports of some pretty good traffic due to jackknifes (jackknives? :huh:) on I-80 just west of the office.

Still moderate snow here, and I'm sure it's gotta be over 5" by now. Snow continually keeps redeveloping over the QC and hits us. Well, unfortunately I gotta get to bed. Have to get up for work in 4hrs. I'll try to post an update on what we got sometime around then. Good luck to everyone else tonight and tomorrow!:snowman:

IWX upgrades to Winter Storm Warning

INCLUDING THE CITIES OF...BLOOMINGTON...NORMAL...CHAMPAIGN... URBANA...DANVILLE

1218 AM CST SAT DEC 4 2010

..WINTER STORM WARNING IN EFFECT UNTIL 6 PM CST THIS EVENING

THE NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE IN LINCOLN HAS ISSUED A WINTER STORM WARNING FOR HEAVY SNOW...WHICH IS IN EFFECT UNTIL 6 PM CST THIS EVENING. THE WINTER WEATHER ADVISORY IS NO LONGER IN EFFECT.

* TIMING...PERIODS OF SNOW WILL PERSIST OVERNIGHT...AND CONTINUE AT TIMES INTO SATURDAY.

* ACCUMULATIONS...WILL RANGE FROM 4 TO 7 INCHES...WITH LOCALLY HIGHER AMOUNTS POSSIBLE NORTH OF INTERSTATE 74 BY SATURDAY MORNING.

So with this being my first real storm being from GA and all my first year at University of Cincinnati and on the drumline here this will be an interesting home game tomorrow at noon at ole Nippert Stadium. Guess we can call this the Snow Bowl..haha I have no clue how to even try and dress for 6+ hours of snow and cold! haha

Archived