• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Gonzalo00
    Newest Member
    Gonzalo00
12/3-12/6 MW/GL snow event?

Thundersnow12

Thanks for the obs. Don't know if we'll have any period of 20:1 :P but based on what you guys upstream have been saying and what BUFKIT is suggesting, I think we could very possibly average a 12-14:1 ratio for the event.

Snow in Champaign now.

Snow as far east as TH and Mattoon-Charleston (REALLY makes me wish I had that apartment this semester)

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

00z NAM

nam_p24_024s.gif

12z NAM

nam_p24_036s.gif

Still a little early for Monday Morning quarterbacking but based off the radar kinda looks like the 12Z nam may be a bit closer in reality (at least on the placement on the heaviest band).. Still out the lunch on how far SW the extent is..

oh and starting to get reports of 1-2" in the Peoria and Bloomington-Normal areas.

AREA FORECAST DISCUSSION

NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE QUAD CITIES IA IL

818 PM CST FRI DEC 3 2010

UPDATE

WILL BE UPDATING FORECAST WITHIN THE NEXT HALF HOUR. TRENDS INDICATE SIGNIFICANT SNOWS WILL STAY NORTHEAST OF A INDEPENDENCE IOWA TO GALESBURG ILLINOIS AXIS. PLAN TO CANCEL ADVISORY FOR COUNTIES SOUTHWEST OF THIS LINE WITH ANY SNOW AMOUNTS AN INCH OR LESS. LOCATIONS NORTHEAST OF THIS LINE WILL STILL END UP WITH STORM TOTALS GENERALLY OF 3 TO 6 INCHES. THE GRADIENT BETWEEN A HALF INCH OR LESS TO 3 PLUS INCHES SNOW STORM TOTALS COULD BE WITHIN 20 MILES OF THE ABOVE MENTIONED AXIS.

HEAVIER SNOWS WILL TAPER OFF BETWEEN 11 PM AND 4 AM FROM NORTHWEST TO SOUTHEAST AS SURFACE LOW MOVES SOUTHEAST. AN ISOLATED POCKET OF 6 TO 7 INCHES STILL MAY OCCUR NEAR A DUBUQUE TO CLINTON LINE OF PLUS OR MINUS 20 MILES BY LATE SATURDAY AFTERNOON. ..NICHOLS..

AREA FORECAST DISCUSSION

NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE QUAD CITIES IA IL

818 PM CST FRI DEC 3 2010

UPDATE

WILL BE UPDATING FORECAST WITHIN THE NEXT HALF HOUR. TRENDS INDICATE SIGNIFICANT SNOWS WILL STAY NORTHEAST OF A INDEPENDENCE IOWA TO GALESBURG ILLINOIS AXIS. PLAN TO CANCEL ADVISORY FOR COUNTIES SOUTHWEST OF THIS LINE WITH ANY SNOW AMOUNTS AN INCH OR LESS. LOCATIONS NORTHEAST OF THIS LINE WILL STILL END UP WITH STORM TOTALS GENERALLY OF 3 TO 6 INCHES. THE GRADIENT BETWEEN A HALF INCH OR LESS TO 3 PLUS INCHES SNOW STORM TOTALS COULD BE WITHIN 20 MILES OF THE ABOVE MENTIONED AXIS.

HEAVIER SNOWS WILL TAPER OFF BETWEEN 11 PM AND 4 AM FROM NORTHWEST TO SOUTHEAST AS SURFACE LOW MOVES SOUTHEAST. AN ISOLATED POCKET OF 6 TO 7 INCHES STILL MAY OCCUR NEAR A DUBUQUE TO CLINTON LINE OF PLUS OR MINUS 20 MILES BY LATE SATURDAY AFTERNOON. ..NICHOLS..

:thumbsdown:

At least it's only early December but STILL, what a major letdown.

:thumbsdown:

At least it's only early December but STILL, what a major letdown.

I was just on the phone with a spotter driving from Linn to Buchanan County. He said that the roads were completely clear until about 3 miles south of Quasqueton, when they became 100% snow covered. That's how sharp this line is.

Skilling going with 4-8 most west of chicago but mentioned that parts of Lake and Cook IL could get upwards of 8-10 if the mesolow comes on shore .

they almost never do and glad you found us.

Heading out to da bar soon, back later, maybe it will be snowing and maybe i will be (more) drunk.

The snow had tapered down for the last 45 minutes to an hour, but is picking back up again. Some pretty decent bands reorganizing over far eastern Iowa between Clinton and Dubuque. We have a bit over 3" here. Thinking we'll pick up another inch or so before we briefly get dry slotted after midnight, and then another inch or so with the wraparound early tomorrow. You guys can see why I was concerned the last few days with being too far south, as you don't have to go too far southwest of us to run out of the decent accumulations. This thing has been a big challenge to forecast on the southern flank.

Thats my favorite, the glittering dendrites on a blanket of snow! Im soo jealous. I know its coming soon, but I want it now lol.

Thanks man! It's very early in the season obviously, so there's many many more snows on the way. We have at least 4 more months of big snow potential. Some of you guys missing out on this will no doubt cash in big time later in the season! :snowman:

Latest GFS has me salivating. Drops a swath of 0.50" right over us. Considering we had over an inch down at 6pm that would put us over 6" in theory. I guess we'll see how it goes.

RGEM shows a nice pocket of enhanced snows moving through northern Illinois into Indiana near LAF tomorrow morning. If that comes to fruition that could make things a bit interesting down that way.

Thanks man! It's very early in the season obviously, so there's many many more snows on the way. We have at least 4 more months of big snow potential. Some of you guys missing out on this will no doubt cash in big time later in the season! :snowman:

Latest GFS has me salivating. Drops a swath of 0.50" right over us. Considering we had over an inch down at 6pm that would put us over 6" in theory. I guess we'll see how it goes.

RGEM shows a nice pocket of enhanced snows moving through northern Illinois into Indiana near LAF tomorrow morning. If that comes to fruition that could make things a bit interesting down that way.

Oh I know its coming. I dont expect to get in on every snowstorm, and the last thing I should do is complain seeing how well my area has done in snowfall in recent years. Its just magnified because its the first widespread storm of the season and Im getting impatient. The abrupt ending to winter last year, snowstorm after snowstorm in Feb than nothing in Mar. Last day with snowcover greater than a T imby was March 7th.So Im just a bit impatient. Its all a tease. Plus it just snowed here for about 48 hours straight and dropped a grand total of 0.3" lol.

Archived