Most Online
    EWR757
    Newest Member
    EWR757
Reactor meltdown possible in Japan.

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

1622: More information on that figure: The 1986 Chernobyl disaster was rated 7 on the International Nuclear Event Scale; the 1979 Three Mile Island accident was rated 5

1617: AFP: Japan nuclear agency rates nuclear plant accident in Fukushima at 4 on 0-7 international scale.

http://www.bbc.co.uk...e-east-12307698

I was 12 years old and lived exactly 12 miles from TMI during the accident. I can feel for the Japanese because I experienced the sense of fear and uncertainty of a nuclear plant accident. I can't imagine earthquake/tsunami/aftershocks on top of that.

fox news just said some people in Europe are saying this was from global warming are you fooking kidding me?

Stuff like this brings out the crazies in full force. Check out this comment from an Indian news site. I won't bother with the many that agreed with this.

"Don't underestimate the pure evil of Obama and co. A few well-placed nukes, at trigger points along the fault, would serve the agenda of Obama and his NWO masters. They thrive on the creation of chaos... just in case the Mideast wasn't a clue. Remember the Illuminati motto: "Order from Chaos" Numerology of the date fits their occult rituals."

Stuff like this brings out the crazies in full force. Check out this comment from an Indian news site. I won't bother with the many that agreed with this.

"Don't underestimate the pure evil of Obama and co. A few well-placed nukes, at trigger points along the fault, would serve the agenda of Obama and his NWO masters. They thrive on the creation of chaos... just in case the Mideast wasn't a clue. Remember the Illuminati motto: "Order from Chaos" Numerology of the date fits their occult rituals."

There was a SciFi book where aliens lined all the oceanic plate boundaries with mega nukes which somehow caused the whole Earth to blow apart.

When we stop quoting Spock and stop believing that the needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few, and realize that we should satisfy the needs of everyone including those who live near nuclear power plants, are all equal to each other, then we will have a society in which can thrive much further beyond our limited western society.

That is the plot of the first Superman movie...

There was a lot of hysteria hyping in this thread. Especially by A.R.

Whoever posted the 750 rads reaching the West Coast in 10 days graphic had me worried for a moment, although I thought it looked like the Paint snowfall forecasts that sometimes show up in amateur's posts in the local subforums. 750 rads would kill over half the people exposed to it.

if the outside of the building exploded and the reactor vessel was inside, what are the chances that the reactor vessel was damaged in the explosion?

Also with my memories of TMI, the issue was there was no equipment that survived the accdent. the PTB didn't know how bad the damage and what the situation was inside the reactor vessel. I suspect that this could be a problem now.

Japan is a world leader in robotics so I wouldn;'t be surprised if they haven't deployed robots to the damaged building. This is speculation on my part.

1705: A quick recap: There is continuing concern over the quake-hit Fukushima No. 1 reactor after a powerful explosion there early this morning. Japanese officials say the container housing the reactor was not damaged and that radiation levels have now fallen. But experts say it is not clear whether the situation is under control.

BBC

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-middle-east-12307698

if the outside of the building exploded and the reactor vessel was inside, what are the chances that the reactor vessel was damaged in the explosion?

Also with my memories of TMI, the issue was there was no equipment that survived the accdent. the PTB didn't know how bad the damage and what the situation was inside the reactor vessel. I suspect that this could be a problem now.

Japan is a world leader in robotics so I wouldn;'t be surprised if they haven't deployed robots to the damaged building. This is speculation on my part.

As long as it's not Johnny.

johnny5isalive.jpg

1739: More from that unidentified official at Japan's Nuclear and Industrial Safety Agency on rating the incident at the Fukushima nuclear plant on the IAEA scale of 0-7: "Right now we are considering the accident should be rated four. The rating may be changed in accordance with the development of the condition."

BBC

Can you please provide a link where you got this image?

Right-click to "View image info" or "View source info" or similar. You'll get:

http://www.yomiuri.c...-817987-1-L.jpg

for the picture, and

http://www.yomiuri.co.jp

as the basic source with likely much more.

But enough about that, on to the real important stuff: When will Bill Nye, Junk Science Guy, weigh in?

1807: If radiation has leaked from the Fukushima No. 1 nuclear plant, winds will likely blow it out over the Pacific Ocean, says the French Nuclear Safety Authority: "The wind direction for the time being seems to point the pollution towards the Pacific," said Andre-Claude Lacoste, speaking in Paris.

1820: The World Health Organisation says the public health risk from Japan's radiation leak appears to be "probably quite low": "We understand radiation that has escaped from the plant is very small in amount," World Health Organisation spokesman Gregory Hartl told Reuters news agency.

BBC

1910: Japanese workers in masks and protective clothing are scanning evacuees from the Fukushima area for radiation exposure, Reuters reports. Seventeen-year-old Masanori Ono says: "There is radiation leaking out, and since the possibility (of exposure) is high, it's quite scary."

BBC

They have vented at all four of the reactors of the Daini plant with minimal radiation being released and appears the plant is stabilized.

How mant sites/reactors currently at risk??

The above refers to the situation at the Daini plant that I'm currently aware of.

Of most concern is the #1 reactor at the Daiichi plant where the explosion was earlier. Conflicting accounts on the sea water being pumped in. Some level of meltdown most likely has occurred but the main containment system remains intact.

2 and 3 reactors at Daiichi were preparing to vent. Not sure what this latest report about the #3 reactor entails.

Archived