joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Joe Bastardi hired by start-up firm WeatherBell

Posted now on the Capital Weather Gang blog:

By Jason Samenow

Bastardi joins renowned forecaster Joseph D'Aleo

Less than three weeks after resigning as AccuWeather's chief long-range forecaster, Joe Bastardi announced Friday that he has accepted the position of chief forecaster at WeatherBell, a fledgling weather consulting firm.

WeatherBell has also hired veteran meteorologist Joseph D'Aleo, who served as the Weather Channel's first director of meteorology.

Based in New York City, WeatherBell Analytics LLC will offer meteorological products and services geared toward helping businesses manage weather risk. The company is funded entirely by angel investors.

continued....

http://voices.washingtonpost.com/capitalweathergang/2011/03/joe_bastardi_hired_by_start-up.html

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Posted now on the Capital Weather Gang blog:

By Jason Samenow

Bastardi joins renowned forecaster Joseph D'Aleo

Less than three weeks after resigning as AccuWeather's chief long-range forecaster, Joe Bastardi announced Friday that he has accepted the position of chief forecaster at WeatherBell, a fledgling weather consulting firm.

WeatherBell has also hired veteran meteorologist Joseph D'Aleo, who served as the Weather Channel's first director of meteorology.

Based in New York City, WeatherBell Analytics LLC will offer meteorological products and services geared toward helping businesses manage weather risk. The company is funded entirely by angel investors.

continued....

http://voices.washin...y_start-up.html

Weather Bell must have incredible clout(and money). We all know JB, but Joseph D'Aleo under the radar and relatively unknown(compared to Kocin, JB and others) is a Brooklyn guy who influenced Mets like Alan Kasper and other local WCBS back in the "70's. Hall of Met famer..........

I guess the main reason he retired from Accuweather was that he couldn't post pictures on his blog.

I am in the Fort Myers Florida Airport, and I just did a video that I am putting on the WeatherBell VIdeo site. This is wild.

This capability, to blog and show what I am talking about with graphics, and to have my two new Video Vigilantes, the Atmospheric Avenger and the WeatherBell Raging WeatherBull be able to constantly shoot out videos.. no matter where and when, is like someone gave me manna from above. And I am going to show you what I can do when I have all the tools in the toolbox to work with.. all the time

Now he has all the tools he needs.

Jb just tweeter that he left Accuweather because they didn't give him the tools he craved...ie...being able to upload pics lol on his blog

The best part is that they gave that ability to Henry and Paul on the Pro site right after Joe left. :lmao:

I am in the Fort Myers Florida Airport, and I just did a video that I am putting on the WeatherBell VIdeo site. This is wild.

This capability, to blog and show what I am talking about with graphics, and to have my two new Video Vigilantes, the Atmospheric Avenger and the WeatherBell Raging WeatherBull be able to constantly shoot out videos.. no matter where and when, is like someone gave me manna from above. And I am going to show you what I can do when I have all the tools in the toolbox to work with.. all the time

This is a La Nina Spring. There will be tons of extreme weather to cover - and there will be no bureaucracy to overcome.

I am going to be glued to that blog this spring. I love severe weather.

Hopefully this will put DT out of business once and for all

Doubt it, DT's a one man band with a large following. Accuwx won't go out of business, but JB leaving is a dagger through the heart. No one is going to pay to read Henry...

-

on another note, wonder when JB's blog goes pay on WeatherBell....

Doubt it, DT's a one man band with a large following. Accuwx won't go out of business, but JB leaving is a dagger through the heart. No one is going to pay to read Henry...

-

on another note, wonder when JB's blog goes pay on WeatherBell....

I'm thinking that his videos already are pay-per-view. I've looked around the site and can find no links to videos which he has supposedly cut.

I'm thinking that his videos already are pay-per-view. I've looked around the site and can find no links to videos which he has supposedly cut.

It's there. And it's free (for the time-being, at least). The video is a hyperlink, it's not embedded into the webpage. You will have to either download it ("save as"), or direct stream it. The link for his first video is under the post titled "Bastardi On Boinx", here is the link: http://www.weatherbell.com/jb/?p=26 . Boinx, I assume, is the video publishing service he will be using to shoot and webcast. The hyperlink for the video on that page is "2011-03-09-2111" - it's right below the title, on the aforementioned URL/page. It's there. Just takes some navigating.

It's there. And it's free (for the time-being, at least). The video is a hyperlink, it's not embedded into the webpage. You will have to either download it ("save as"), or direct stream it. The link for his first video is under the post titled "Bastardi On Boinx", here is the link: http://www.weatherbell.com/jb/?p=26 . Boinx, I assume, is the video publishing service he will be using to shoot and webcast. The hyperlink for the video on that page is "2011-03-09-2111" - it's right below the title page. On the aforementioned page. It's there. Just takes some navigating.

Thanks! You'd think they'd makde it easier to find if they want to promote themselves!

Has he made his 2011 hurricane season bust, I mean forecast yet??:popcorn:

Nope. Still on global warming/cooling. From today:

"The recent earthquake in Japan is part of the wild card of the triple crown of cooling that I am talking about… the increased seismic activity which also goes along with more volcanic activity. I had talked about this many times since I set all this out, and the legs of that triple crown have the solar cycles as second, the oceanic cycles first. However there is theory that the solar cycle, because of the change of stress on the earth because of that, can have an effect on seismic activity, again something I blogged quite a while ago. In any case the power of nature is on display yet again, bringing men back to reality. Better to be able to forecast and adapt to what nature has, rather than to try and control it."

Archived