• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Joe Bastardi hired by start-up firm WeatherBell

AGW is to solar-cycle induced plate tectonics what Newtonian physics is to warp drive.

Newtonian physics is an approximation (a damn good approximation that only falters at the extremes)-- AGW is generally accepted science, the only variable is the actual degree of anthropogenic forcing.

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

AGW is to solar-cycle induced plate tectonics what Newtonian physics is to warp drive.

I agree. I was never trying to compare the two theories. In my view, Sun = Plate Tectonics is barely even science more than a simple suspicion with no evidence whatsoever, while AGW is more of a giant ball ecompassing a vast space but completely hollow on the inside.

I doubt JB will be trying to correlate solar cycles to Tectonic plate movement, that will be done with or without the sun.

Crossways Consulting Group Inc in Palisades, NY is a private company categorized under Consultants-Business (Unclassified). Our [Manta] records show it was established in 2001 and incorporated in New York. Current estimates show this company has an annual revenue of $150,000 and employs a staff of approximately 2.

Approximately 2... that makes me laugh a bit.

I have to say that I'm enjoying his new blog, what with the maps he posts to illustrate his points.

$20/month sounds rather expensive. Isn't that more than accuweather pro?

Accuweather Pro is $24.95/month now... which is pretty much only for that new blogger and the ECMWF now.

"Beginning April 1, 2011 the WeatherBell Premium will become a paid subscription service. Pricing for this subscription will start at $19.95/month or $190/year. Included in the subscription are the weather blogs of Joe Bastardi and Joe D'Aleo. The blogs will focus on major weather events, long range forecasting, climate issues, and much more. They will feature frequent text and video updates. Please contact [email protected] with any questions regarding the service."

http://www.weatherbell.com/wbpremium.html

$4 less then accuweather per month, and no models or text archives or anything the accu pro has? Yikes....

"Beginning April 1, 2011 the WeatherBell Premium will become a paid subscription service. Pricing for this subscription will start at $19.95/month or $190/year. Included in the subscription are the weather blogs of Joe Bastardi and Joe D'Aleo. The blogs will focus on major weather events, long range forecasting, climate issues, and much more. They will feature frequent text and video updates. Please contact [email protected] with any questions regarding the service."

http://www.weatherbe.../wbpremium.html

$4 less then accuweather per month, and no models or text archives or anything the accu pro has? Yikes....

Yes, seems pricey for just 2 blogs!!.

http://www.weatherbe.../wbpremium.html

I have to figure being in NYC they are going to need alot more money to cover renting of the office space in addition to paying themselves...I don't expect the staff will only consist of these 2 guys, they will probably add at least 5-10 more as we go along and I'd assume most of those will come from AccuWx, Joe does not seem like a hire people I don't know kind of guy....that said, some 25 year old guy currently rubbing sticks together in his 1 bedroom apartment in State College is probably going to be one well to do guy in about 10 years because Joe's eventual "replacement" in the media world will probably emerge out of this company eventually...Joe D is already too old himself to become that.

This was posted on the Blogs today.

By the way, details will be coming out as to how a referral program on the J squared WeatherBell site can get YOU the site potentially for free ( nothing beats free, right?). Both Joe and I want to build the biggest weather blog site so when the details come out, I think you will see how this can work for you!

You’ll see.

ciao for now

I have to figure being in NYC they are going to need alot more money to cover renting of the office space in addition to paying themselves...I don't expect the staff will only consist of these 2 guys, they will probably add at least 5-10 more as we go along and I'd assume most of those will come from AccuWx, Joe does not seem like a hire people I don't know kind of guy....that said, some 25 year old guy currently rubbing sticks together in his 1 bedroom apartment in State College is probably going to be one well to do guy in about 10 years because Joe's eventual "replacement" in the media world will probably emerge out of this company eventually...Joe D is already too old himself to become that.

I actually had sent an email inquiring about any possible employment opportunities there. I decided to change it up from ramming my head into a wall just the routine plugging in the USAJOBs app for the NWS intern slots and giving it a shot since judging from their description of what they do, they use GIS applications for some things and I have a minor in that.. plus of course getting to work with the two Joes. Figured it couldn't hurt. Haven't gotten a response back yet though.

I don't know how much I'd be willing to pay just for videos. And while I think I might agree with JB's general political/AGW views, the last couple years of his videos and PPV forum, a lot less weather, a lot more politics/AGW. IMHO.

Ed,

Thanks for your email, and apologies for the delayed response.

Please bear with us as we continue to develop the website. We want to further develop our content before we begin a paid service. The exact timing of this and the price point are still to be determined. There will be two payment options: by month (which will recur each month unless you cancel) or annually (which would offer a discount on the monthly rate).

I hope this helps. Please continue to enjoy the free blogs of Joe and Joe. We will update the website as the timing and pricing of the Premium service become available.

Best,

Mike

Michael Shanahan

WeatherBell Analytics LLC

I don't know how much I'd be willing to pay just for videos. And while I think I might agree with JB's general political/AGW views, the last couple years of his videos and PPV forum, a lot less weather, a lot more politics/AGW. IMHO.

Agreed with both parts. J.B. did stray a lot from talking weather and several of his posts ended being tirades against the TPC or CPC. His tirades are a big reason I gave up reading him after awhile.

• 1 month later...

My Accuwx-Pro paid-for access had orignally ended back on 3/1. However, they then twice gave me a month free to try to keep me. Now it goes through 5/21. I haven't even accessed it in well over a month. Without JB, I just don't have the motivation to check it anymore. JB was the heart and soul of Accuwx-Pro.

Maybe I'll start checking out wherever he is now once we get well into 'cane season.

Archived