Hydro Issues March 10-12

CT Rain

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ginx does too

Really?

I didn't realize he had a hydro fetish.

Rivers going down around here pretty quickly, next system is WCT issue, they took our place from last year. Lawn is drying out nicely. Man VT is loaded, CT river flooding this year? We managed to melt down gradually with one day of minor flooding. Still pockets of deep snow on the north hills but overall non issue around here.

Rivers going down around here pretty quickly, next system is WCT issue, they took our place from last year. Lawn is drying out nicely. Man VT is loaded, CT river flooding this year? We managed to melt down gradually with one day of minor flooding. Still pockets of deep snow on the north hills but overall non issue around here.

Yeah exactly it looks like a western ct show

Basement flooding has already started here, I feel for those that are losing memories and lifes work right now due to the water, its going to get a lot worse before it gets better, this next storm is liquid for everyone in New England, lets all hope the damage is minimal.

still have 5 to 10 inches here some spots more loaded with qpf.. could be fun this weekend for sure

There is a lot of moisture packed snow sitting from here north and west. I could see the Ct, Deerfield and Westfield rivers among others churning pretty good this weekend.

On February 24, NWS Hydrologic Information Center identified the Northeastern US as a moderate risk:

Northeastern U.S.

There is a small area of above average flood risk in portions of the Northeast, primarily across Southern New England and the Catskills Mountains in NY State. As a result of October and November rain storms, these regions had above normal soil moisture levels prior to the winter freeze, followed by above average snowfall, and river icing in many locations. If snowpack and river icing conditions were to persist beyond mid March, this area could have an elevated risk of spring flooding during the melt period, especially if heavy rains fall during the melt.

I think we're ready to meet this "if/then" statement.

Neighbors on either side told me today there sub pumps came on yesterday and have been running non stop, water tables are rising slowly, being at sea level with salt water wetlands 200 yds away exacerbates the situation. This was all wetlands at one time, east winds pounding water into western li sound as well, just checked the storm drain, water is about 1.5 ft from grate. Should be a fun ride the next 48 hrs around these parts.

Neighbors on either side told me today there sub pumps came on yesterday and have been running non stop, water tables are rising slowly, being at sea level with salt water wetlands 200 yds away exacerbates the situation. This was all wetlands at one time, east winds pounding water into western li sound as well, just checked the storm drain, water is about 1.5 ft from grate. Should be a fun ride the next 48 hrs around these parts.

I am happy it's not snow, man totally screw zone for me.

If we get under that fire hose of heavy rain, then it's going to be bad for some folks--looks like we could miss most of the heavy stuff which would stay west until tomorrow night though...

Archived