joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Hydro Issues March 10-12

CT Rain

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Flooding threat doesn't look too impressive IMO, unless some models start to increase the next day or two.

Looks like a bit of snow/mix for interior early Thursday.

THE NEXT QUESTION TO ANSWER IS THE FORM THAT THE PRECIPITATION WILLTAKE. ENOUGH DRY/COLD AIR APPEARS TO BE PRESENT WITH CANADIAN HIGHPRESSURE FOR SOME SNOW/ICE INITIALLY ACROSS INTERIOR NORTHERN MA ANDESPECIALLY SOUTHERN NH LATE WEDNESDAY NIGHT INTO THURSDAY. WHILE ITDOES NOT LOOK LIKE A SIGNIFICANT WINTER WEATHER EVENT IN THISREGION...ITS CERTAINLY POSSIBLE THAT A WINTER WEATHER ADVISORY MAYEVENTUALLY BE NEEDED FOR A PORTION OF THE REGION.

Yeah...march sucks..and has for like 5 yrs. I still can't believe I have about 6 inches of snow left. Never seen anything like this stuff.

Wow, that's pretty good. Here in east woodstock there's scattered 2-4, and some places more, but back in Brooklyn, there are just a few piles, with the exception of the deep woods, and what's left of my super pile, tucked into the northwest corner where sun does not reach. I imagine west woodstock is similar to what you have.

Winter's seem to be a 1-2 month deal for snow now a days. Could be a sign of the times.

Wow, that's pretty good. Here in east woodstock there's scattered 2-4, and some places more, but back in Brooklyn, there are just a few piles, with the exception of the deep woods, and what's left of my super pile, tucked into the northwest corner where sun does not reach. I imagine west woodstock is similar to what you have.

Winter's seem to be a 1-2 month deal for snow now a days. Could be a sign of the times.

I don't think it's been shorter per se, but now December is balls to the wall. I never remember December's like what we've had...never. Dec 1995 was the only one off hand that matches up..at least by me in the CP.

Flooding threat doesn't look too impressive IMO, unless some models start to increase the next day or two.

Looks like a bit of snow/mix for interior early Thursday.

THE NEXT QUESTION TO ANSWER IS THE FORM THAT THE PRECIPITATION WILLTAKE. ENOUGH DRY/COLD AIR APPEARS TO BE PRESENT WITH CANADIAN HIGHPRESSURE FOR SOME SNOW/ICE INITIALLY ACROSS INTERIOR NORTHERN MA ANDESPECIALLY SOUTHERN NH LATE WEDNESDAY NIGHT INTO THURSDAY. WHILE ITDOES NOT LOOK LIKE A SIGNIFICANT WINTER WEATHER EVENT IN THISREGION...ITS CERTAINLY POSSIBLE THAT A WINTER WEATHER ADVISORY MAYEVENTUALLY BE NEEDED FOR A PORTION OF THE REGION.

Yeah the flood threat isn't too significant up by you guys but Western Mass and CT are certainly under the gun

Watch late march and april for pattern change for snow . . we can have good snows then . I expect summer to be no big hot weather but below normal temp this summer .

Major flooding for ct river wont come until first part of April or late march or later .

sooner or later ct river will have major flooding this spring .

You need to get yer darned license, a car (or truck), and head west.

I am going to work on my license later this spring/summer actually. When my friend from NH comes down for two weeks in June for us to go storm chasing I asked if he would teach me how to drive and he said yes. I think I could get the hang of it well enough to pass the test doing for a a good solid two weeks. The biggest obstacle is getting an automobile :lol:

lol - I can totally see Paul loving life in tornado country. I'm surprised he hasn't made the move yet.

My goal is to get back to WCSU, get a degree from there then attend grad school in OK.

Watch late march and april for pattern change for snow . . we can have good snows then . I expect summer to be no big hot weather but below normal temp this summer .

Major flooding for ct river wont come until first part of April or late march or later .

sooner or later ct river will have major flooding this spring .

Haven't had "major" flooding since 1984. Not sure if this is the year.

What do you think about the potential for some elevated convection...looks like there could be some elevated instability that tries working into the region...something like this could really help to locally enhance rainfall rates.

Depends we could certainly see some... looks like some elevated instability.

The big question now is how fast does the low try to close off and how far west the best forcing remains.

These closing off/going neg troughs can be prolific rainmakers in a relatively small area and it's tough to pin down.

Depends we could certainly see some... looks like some elevated instability.

The big question now is how fast does the low try to close off and how far west the best forcing remains.

These closing off/going neg troughs can be prolific rainmakers in a relatively small area and it's tough to pin down.

I could actually see the best forcing remaining off to our west...the cold front may become parallel to the upper level flow here which would slow down the eastward progression which could also means the system closes off further west and if this does no negatively tilted that as well could push the besy dynamics/forcing off to our west so the heaviest rain ends up over NY/PA...we still would see 1-3'' of rain but not the excessive 3-4'' or more totals.

I could actually see the best forcing remaining off to our west...the cold front may become parallel to the upper level flow here which would slow down the eastward progression which could also means the system closes off further west and if this does no negatively tilted that as well could push the besy dynamics/forcing off to our west so the heaviest rain ends up over NY/PA...we still would see 1-3'' of rain but not the excessive 3-4'' or more totals.

Who cares

Archived