• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Turn out the lights...

weathafella

Even Sunday River, Loon, Waterville took hard hits in this last one. Goes to show how far NW everything is shifting.

One more threat window around 3/20 give or take a few days. Let's hope that one buries ski country for some epic late March/April skiing. I'm hoping this weekend ends up more cutoffish to avoid a disaster in ski country.

Sure sign of Spring here, the mockingbird returned today. Noisy basta** was out there at sunrise. Eiders are beginning to move from the region as well slowly shifting out to the jetties before beginning their trek north in the next few weeks.

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hey, we're still partying up here--just coming into our own, really. Now begins our reward for a long, rough winter--deep snowpack, strong March sun, bluebird days ahead and good skiing almost locked up for the next month. Now's the time to get out if you can.

Stuck at work today on probably the best ski day of the season. :arrowhead:

But, I'll be hitting the trails tomorrow morning before work, so I got that goin' for me.

Hey, we're still partying up here--just coming into our own, really. Now begins our reward for a long, rough winter--deep snowpack, strong March sun, bluebird days ahead and good skiing almost locked up for the next month. Now's the time to get out if you can.

Stuck at work today on probably the best ski day of the season. :arrowhead:

But, I'll be hitting the trails tomorrow morning before work, so I got that goin' for me.

That it was... over two feet of fresh powder, bluebird skies, calm winds, and temps in the teens and 20s which felt a lot warmer under the March sun. It really was a perfect day. The ski resort did some solid business for a Tuesday, lol.

Northern and central VT ski areas are taking this one home... this storm just gave these areas a big advantage this weekend for skier visits. Anyone with plans to go to Sunday River should now come this way, haha.

And you are correct, we are certainly coming into our own. Snowbanks are absolutely huge, there's over 3 feet on the ground, and the sun is still shining here as late as 5pm now... what could be better?

March skiing is such a good thing. Love Sugarloaf in March

Stuck going to the remains of Wachusett tonight

I was thinking of doing a day trip maybe next Monday up to VT, but this next system looks putrid for ski country and I probably won't go now. Kind of bummed. I think there will be one more big hit there though before the season is over.

Must have been epic at MRG! Epic fail for sne, this next one looks to piss on even ski countries parade, your snowpack will be ugly post friday brother, we all love snow, and being outside in it, but none of us have control over the weather, lets just hope we all stay safe and flood free over the next couple weeks. Scary to think putting 3 inches of water on a fresh 24" snowpack up north, ramifications downstream not good, the Housatonic down here just kicked ass and took names..................time for a reality check Pete.

Reality is ski season is far far from over and in the end that's all that really matters to me.lol

Hows it looking for western Maine into nh and vt?

My call for here is 2-4" of snow, then sleet, zr, followed by 1/2" of 35-40F rain.

Not going to do much to this snowpack, especially if we add some new snow then top it off with sleet/zr... but surface conditions are going to take a hit.

Here's a pic of the snowpack in the woods right now... this is on the uphill side of a traverse and does not include the entire snowpack, just the portion above the packed down traverse. The forest is wide open now... literally every sapling, twig, and all the brushy stuff between the mature trees has just been buried and crushed down under the weight of the snow.

IMG_3756_edited-1.jpg

Skied Killington today. Chilly wind, overcast with ceilings below K1 summit, temps mid 20s. Nice snow, a bit beat up from the Tuesday post-storm extravaganza, but not bad at all.

How were the trails overall? They look pretty good.

Cool night out there....funny that 35 with mid 20's dp's doesnt feel that cold at night...yet the same temps during the early morning/late afternoon seems cold.

How were the trails overall? They look pretty good.

Cool night out there....funny that 35 with mid 20's dp's doesnt feel that cold at night...yet the same temps during the early morning/late afternoon seems cold.

Saturday at Killington was great. Decent conditions for sure.

Archived