joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Turn out the lights...

weathafella

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Oh boy....Put your flame suit on. Incoming missle from GC in 5....4.....3....2....

It's OK. I try to keep my comments applicable to the majority of people rather than just my backyard. As I've mentioned a few times this week, about 70% (perhaps a few percent more) of New Englanders live in CT, RI, or MA at low elevations or near the coast. Basically most people in New England live south and east of a line from BOS to CEF to DXR.

Maybe. Still only a junior so I'm not 100% committed yet. I liked it a lot though.

But, if I go to Penn State I'll be going to University Park, yes.

Nice. It's a good time. I got my met degree from there, and really don't have a bad thing to say about the place despite its really rural middle of nowhere location. Though it's getting a bit expensive these days, but then again what place isn't?

Mar 1970 was an El Nino, while in Mar-Apr 1967 the Nina was the 7th strongest since 1950 based on the Multivariate ENSO index.

http://www.esrl.noaa.gov/psd/people/klaus.wolter/MEI/rank.html

http://www.esrl.noaa.gov/psd/people/klaus.wolter/MEI/table.html

The 1955-6, March 1970 and 1973-4 La Niñas all featured significant snow in very late March. As did negative-neutral 1966-7 and 1995-6.

Nice. It's a good time. I got my met degree from there, and really don't have a bad thing to say about the place despite its really rural middle of nowhere location. Though it's getting a bit expensive these days, but then again what place isn't?

Why do you not have a red tag?

What a bizarre way of looking at things.lol

Hope you're right....I just don't see anything modelwise or ensemblewise that gives anyone any shot of any accumulating snowfall for the next 14 days

There's a good chance we wouldn't see it until pretty close in if we did get a late season snow storm.

I'm not particularly optimistic at what I see but the nature of those types of events makes it difficult to say much beyond about D5. I don't like the severity of the WC trough showing back up in the medium range as it limit cold intrusion.

Why do you not have a red tag?

Well, for one I don't work in the field these days (so I don't really deserve to be on the same level as those that do), and secondly I've never been willing to provide the kind of personal information required to get a red tag. It's cool, I just come here to chit chat about the weather though clearly by my post count I don't very often.

What a bizarre way of looking at things.lol

Yeah you're right, but I'm more of a city person, and PSU is in the middle of PA with a major city a good 3 hours away. We're talking Amish, corn fields, mountains (I really liked those), and country roads with no speed limits. But it was an awesome time and a great place to spend my late teens/early 20s.

Archived