joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Next storm on the list, March 6-7

Typhoon Tip

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah it is pretty quiet for a pretty big snow storm on the Euro right in the middle of its wheelhouse.

I'm watching but not posting since it seems like most are providing good analysis. I'm pulling for SNE and CNE to cash in. I agree though - I'm surprised that people especially in the favored ice areas don't have a lot more interest in this. Having said that though it's still just a bit too far out to worry about the p-type nuances since the winter part of the storm is still 3 days out. I like the trend though for ski resorts.

The surface trough looks too far northwest to imply ice for most of SNE....the GFS depiction of keeping the surface trough/stationary front along the south coast and the Cape is more favorable for major icing.

Thanks for clearing things up!

I have literally THE biggest ice fetish, I'm hoping for at least a little something. And to whoever called me out last time that I like ice because I "Dont have a house, food etc"...I actually have my own apartment at college, which I pay for...with a refrigerator full of food, which I pay for...with cable, electricity etc, which I pay for. I just like Ice storms.. definitely my favorite weather phenomenon.

Doesn't the general set-up look like ice in NW Mass? I can't see the Euro 2 m temperatures..but with a 1038 mb high over Quebec something must give.

Yeah looks icy for the Berks. It looks like it might be west of Pete, but it could include him too. It does try to turn many over to a little snow or sleet at the end, but minimal amounts as of now.

GFS and Euro both look like an isothermal snow bomb at least north of ALB-LCI

This could be fun for those areas for sure. I haven't looked close, but I could see parts of NNE getting another snowbomb. Parts of western and northern ME could get hit hard with some IP/ZR thrown in.

That's a huge snow bomb for interior New England.

GET SUCKED IN! BASE ALL EMOTIONS ON EVERY SINGLE MODEL RUN FROM NOW THROUGH MONDAY! EXPECT TWO FEET OF SNOW IN YOUR BACKYARD AND DONT SETTLE FOR LESS! EVEN IF THE MODELS TREND BADLY EXPECT THEM TO TREND BACK AND JACKPOT YOUR BACKYARD! EVEN IF THEY STILL LOOK AWFUL ON SUNDAY NIGHT EXPECT A HUGE BUST AND FIND EVERY METAR AND RADAR ECHO THAT SUPPORTS YOUR OPINION!

And then jump off a bridge when it's 45F and overcast with drizzle Monday morning.

Is this the BOX AFD? :arrowhead:

I have literally THE biggest ice fetish, I'm hoping for at least a little something. And to whoever called me out last time that I like ice because I "Dont have a house, food etc"...I actually have my own apartment at college, which I pay for...with a refrigerator full of food, which I pay for...with cable, electricity etc, which I pay for. I just like Ice storms.. definitely my favorite weather phenomenon.

They are defintely a cool type of event, but better to be on the outside looking in...

Owning the trees and house that gets damaged makes it a bit of a riskier proposition. I was very lucky in '08 that my house/cars did not get harmed at all.

A mini 2008 would be neat. This will be a mess no matter what the final outcome is.

I'm guessing most of SNE just gets pounded with cold rain, a little sleet, and a tiny bit of snow at the tail end

I don't know if you saw my post in the other thread...but the op GFS was heavy ice for ORH, ORE, and CAN. GFS Bufkit had over 2" of zr in both CAN and ORH.

Yeah I just saw that and looked a little closer. That's bad..lol, but it looked even worse just to the north. Def something to watch. Euro ensembles rolling out now.

Archived