12bet1 net
    Newest Member
    12bet1 net
Next storm on the list, March 6-7

Typhoon Tip

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well, I agree that last year was a fluke in that we fared that poorly, but again....you run that risk when you have a -15 SD NAO.

Yes piss poor luck also played a role. Lets not forget a random lobe of vorticity giving us the finger and moving right into NNE's fanny.

LOL Ray want to know something funny? I just had a flash back to that Sunday (3/30/97) when the coldfront went through around 6pm that night. I remember coming back from dinner and getting out of my car..noticing the north wind starting to blow. I remember thinking.."Alright well here it is, hopefully something good happens tomorrow." And the rest is history.

I remember the moment of the flip thinking it was one of those cold pockets that always flip back when precip lightens, well it did 18 hours later.

I remember the moment of the flip thinking it was one of those cold pockets that aways flip back when precip lightens, well it did 18 hours later.

That is the most memorable event for me, other than my wedding..lol. I remember every detail in that storm. I'm choked up just thinking about it.

That is the most memorable event for me, other than my wedding..lol. I remember every detail in that storm. I'm choked up just thinking about it.

Lived way down in SRI but got more than a foot, most amazing elevation gradient down there I ever witnessed, places with a mile of each other had as much as 20 inch difference

OMG....if it was like that here, I would have chewed a bullet.

Ryan said the same on the coast of CT. Even where I was at the time in Hyde Park..it was rasn at Logan and I was ripping S+ paste, all in the same city. 200' of elevation and a few miles inland meant everything.

OMG....if it was like that here, I would have chewed a bullet.

Probably should get back on track here but, best weenie ride of my life checking out insane depths in RI , NE CT, ORH.

Hope to see a radical shift SE tonight but looking at SAT RADAR, this sucks violently, street floods r us.

Ryan said the same on the coast of CT. Even where I was at the time in Hyde Park..it was rasn at Logan and I was ripping S+ paste, all in the same city. 200' of elevation and a few miles inland meant everything.

Logan still did great.

Fortunately, I was far enough N that it didn't really matter.....Don having 3', while I was getting 3" of slop would have sent me over the edge.

Logan still did great.

Fortunately, I was far enough N that it didn't really matter.....Don having 3', while I was getting 3" of slop would have sent me over the edge.

Oh yeah they did great, but just pointing the little nuances of the storm up here..especially early on.

I felt on top of the world during that storm. What euphoria.

You're gonna rain alot, this wknd.

What can you do. Still hoping Sunday Night Monday can turn into a little something. If it's rain here Monday I won't be able to work so I'll be at MRG where heavy snow is likely, if I luck out and snows here I'll just backcountry here. Win/Win. I like that the weather is active, NNE will do well this go 'round and that's cool by me. Next one, perhaps I'll get in on it. I'm banking on my elevation to pay dividends before it's truly game over. This certainly will not be the last we've heard from Winter of '10-'11.

What can you do. Still hoping Sunday Night Monday can turn into a little something. If it's rain here Monday I won't be able to work so I'll be at MRG where heavy snow is likely, if I luck out and snows here I'll just backcountry here. Win/Win. I like that the weather is active, NNE will do well this go 'round and that's cool by me. Next one, perhaps I'll get in on it. I'm banking on my elevation to pay dividends before it's truly game over. This certainly will not be the last we've heard from Winter of '10-'11.

Agreed.

I don't care about the pack at this point, its March. I honestly would rather it be in the 30s and 40s in March even if its not going to snow. I'm mostly inside at school, and if I'm outside its most likely for skiing where 30s and 40s are nice. No need for warmth in March, we have 5 more months for that.

I hope your right about 10-20". I'll take the 10" at this point, I just don't want a shut-out. Any particular time period you think has potential?

I'll keep looking at this board and the models for snow threats until around my birthday (3/31). Many people said this December that January looked bad, and it wasn't bad, to say the least.

Agreed.

bump

My point forecast from ALY has a low of 19F Sunday night. :thumbsup:

Funny, back in HS, I wasn't the frak that I am now....I actually crashed @ like 12:30, after measuring about 1' out by my shed.

Today, I've pull all nighters for 4" events. :lol:

...........and it gets worse as you get older, and my wife just does not get it.

Funny, back in HS, I wasn't the frak that I am now....I actually crashed @ like 12:30, after measuring about 1' out by my shed.

Today, I've pull all nighters for 4" events. :lol:

Technology allows that.

I actually think I was a lot more excited for 4" amounts then, as compared to now, but part of that may have been the hangover from the 80s and early 90s.

Archived