joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Next storm on the list, March 6-7

Typhoon Tip

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Apparently I'm the one that gets the snow bomb on the new GFS, but I'd be afraid it will trend more west like the NAM on future runs.

2 pretty distinct different camps here, Nam tracks it west of the Apps, GFS tracks it east of the apps hugging the coast..

I'm comparing the 72hr 00z Euro prog to the 84 progs of the 12z GFS and 12z NAM. It looks closer to the 12z NAM than the 12z GFS.

There's your problem. The 72hr 00z Euro doesn't match the forecast time of the 84hr progs of the 12z runs. It's the 96hr 00z Euro that you want to look at

Hmm I still bet the Euro comes west some.... RGEM is more NAM-like.

But I'd be thrilled if the GFS is correct..I could deal with 18 inches of snow.

Its going to have to be one or the other for a track, Its not tracking over the Appalachains, Right now i would be leaning more towards the GFS/EURO combo, We will see where the Doc goes in another hour

Seriously PF. I'll take .75 inches of rain with THAT as snow afterwards. Plus with no freeze up BEFORE the snow starts we will not even crust up underneath. Actually were this play out as such we'd pretty much be set for spring skiing. A deep wetted snowpack that would just peel away corn layer by corn layer. OHHHHH I love me some corn.

Hmm I still bet the Euro comes west some.... RGEM is more NAM-like.

But I'd be thrilled if the GFS is correct..I could deal with 18 inches of snow.

Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but I think that's a common bias for the Canadian.

I was pulled away for a moment, but I was going to say earlier that the NAM does resemble the Euro in the 500mb height pattern, just phase shifted west, so something to keep an eye on.

It's also worth noting that ONLY ONE GEFS member takes the low over NJ. ALL others drive it off the coast, and either near the Cape with an interior snow bomb, or keep it strung out and out to sea.

Personally, I'd go with a GFS/Euro blend right now. One thing is for sure: LOADS of moisture converging into this system. So by Monday evening, we're either dealing with serious flooding, or 12-18" of blue snow and an epidemic of roof collapses

Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but I think that's a common bias for the Canadian.

I was pulled away for a moment, but I was going to say earlier that the NAM does resemble the Euro in the 500mb height pattern, just phase shifted west, so something to keep an eye on.

It's also worth noting that ONLY ONE GEFS member takes the low over NJ. ALL others drive it off the coast, and either near the Cape with an interior snow bomb, or keep it strung out and out to sea.

Personally, I'd go with a GFS/Euro blend right now. One thing is for sure: LOADS of moisture converging into this system. So by Monday evening, we're either dealing with serious flooding, or 12-18" of blue snow and an epidemic of roof collapses

Agree 100%, Its going to be one or the other..

That's a huge snow bomb for interior New England.

GET SUCKED IN! BASE ALL EMOTIONS ON EVERY SINGLE MODEL RUN FROM NOW THROUGH MONDAY! EXPECT TWO FEET OF SNOW IN YOUR BACKYARD AND DONT SETTLE FOR LESS! EVEN IF THE MODELS TREND BADLY EXPECT THEM TO TREND BACK AND JACKPOT YOUR BACKYARD! EVEN IF THEY STILL LOOK AWFUL ON SUNDAY NIGHT EXPECT A HUGE BUST AND FIND EVERY METAR AND RADAR ECHO THAT SUPPORTS YOUR OPINION!

And then jump off a bridge when it's 45F and overcast with drizzle Monday morning.

That's a huge snow bomb for interior New England.

GET SUCKED IN! BASE ALL EMOTIONS ON EVERY SINGLE MODEL RUN FROM NOW THROUGH MONDAY! EXPECT TWO FEET OF SNOW IN YOUR BACKYARD AND DONT SETTLE FOR LESS! EVEN IF THE MODELS TREND BADLY EXPECT THEM TO TREND BACK AND JACKPOT YOUR BACKYARD! EVEN IF THEY STILL LOOK AWFUL ON SUNDAY NIGHT EXPECT A HUGE BUST AND FIND EVERY METAR AND RADAR ECHO THAT SUPPORTS YOUR OPINION!

And then jump off a bridge when it's 45F and overcast with drizzle Monday morning.

Nobody is even talking about it?

Archived