• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Gonzalo00
    Newest Member
    Gonzalo00
Next storm on the list, March 6-7

Typhoon Tip

This two day warm spell will hurt, no question. If this were fluff, it would be gone by tomorrow night, but I think the consistency of the snowpack should help. The one thing we will have to watch out for, is the axis of heavy rain. If he gets into it and gets like 3" of rain..then he may have a problem. I think it should be more to the nw, but we'll see.

I think that's the wild card. From what I understand, it'sonly the GFS that's showing any of SNE getting that type of qpf and everything else is half/less than half that?

The one good thing is that my road will clear when all is said and done. It's like driving over a rutted pasture with the thick ridges of ice running along the 'tire tracks".

Warming up. 35.2/34

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yes I honestly think 80-90% bare ground. with scattered patches around where the deepest drifts were and shaded areas. This is going to be bad. It's March though..so it's not as depressing to me as it would have been Dec-Feb. I just wish we had some hope of snow coming up at least something track and maybe hold out a little hope for

I have 19.5" (as of an hour ago)... this will be cut in half by Monday night, maybe some brown areas will show up

lol...I have 30"+ on the ground.

I think everyone is gonna take a pretty big hit except N VT which could get good snow on the back end...but areas that have 20"+ still on the ground should still have a reasonable pack at the end...its just it will be dented significantly.

I think everyone is gonna take a pretty big hit except N VT which could get good snow on the back end...but areas that have 20"+ still on the ground should still have a reasonable pack at the end...its just it will be dented significantly.

Depends what you mean by a big hit. The EC has been caving toward the cold Ukie and GFS. I fully expect to lose 5-10", but bare ground is laughable.

Depends what you mean by a big hit. The EC has been caving toward the cold Ukie and GFS. I fully expect to lose 5-10", but bare ground is laughable.

Agreed, but even a 41F rain for a day is going to dent it pretty good. Could lose a foot if you spend a day like that with a lot of rain...though it will depend just how warm you get. Right now you are in the typical CAD hole there, though lurking close to the 40s. Also you have ot remember its easier to lose a foot or 10" when you have more to begin with. Your top layer is probably a little more vulnerable since you actually got a decent amount of newer snow there...even if its still pretty high water content.

Kevin always overplays the melt though. He thought he would go from 26" to bare patches in the mid Feb torch and got blown away on his bets with Phil and Scott when he had 18" left, lol.

Agreed, but even a 41F rain for a day is going to dent it pretty good. Could lose a foot if you spend a day like that with a lot of rain...though it will depend just how warm you get. Right now you are in the typical CAD hole there, though lurking close to the 40s. Also you have ot remember its easier to lose a foot or 10" when you have more to begin with. Your top layer is probably a little more vulnerable since you actually got a decent amount of newer snow there...even if its still pretty high water content.

Kevin always overplays the melt though. He thought he would go from 26" to bare patches in the mid Feb torch and got blown away on his bets with Phil and Scott when he had 18" left, lol.

I've seen it time and time again here. I expect a 50F/50F snow eater to knock the snowpack down 10-15" and it ends up a nbd 5-10".

Heck...if the Ukie is right I may get 3-6" of paste to finish.

Tip gets his much sought after mud season that's he';s been talking about enjoying. Congrats john..Hope you can get out on the lawn in the mud and enjoy

This Euro run is brutal. Spring time mud season for New England trying to kick off.

This Euro run is brutal. Spring time mud season for New England trying to kick off.

well what do the weeklies show? also i.e does this 12z run have much longer term support?

basically tryin to see if wa wa 's days are numbered ? they got a huge pack there with prolly 15 inches W.E manmade and natural ....snow + FZR

Archived