Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Feb 28 potential ice discussion

ORH_wxman

you must have read the calendar wrong....perhaps biriving syndrome

If warm is coming, do not fight it ...embrace it, treat it like family. The wx goes down much easier when you are at peace with yourself plus you can be pleasantly surprised at a 40 rain when you were conviced it'd be 50. :)

• Replies 539
  • Created
  • Last Reply

ONSET OF PRECIP EXPECTED 09-12Z ACROSS SNE. MID LEVEL TEMPS ARE

WARM ENOUGH TO PRECLUDE ANY SNOWFALL BUT LOW LEVEL TEMPS WILL BE

PROBLEMATIC. 2M TEMPS AND MOS GUIDANCE SUGGESTS SFC TEMPS AOB

FREEZING AT PRECIP ONSET IN THE INTERIOR SO AREAS OF FZRA LIKELY

LATE TONIGHT AND MON MORNING. SOME SLEET ALSO LIKELY FAR N AT THE

ONSET AND IF PRECIP CAME IN EARLY ENOUGH IT COULD START AS BRIEF

SNOW N MA AND S NH BUT DO NOT EXPECT ANY ACCUM. WE ISSUED A WINTER

WX ADVISORY FOR ALL INTERIOR SNE ALONG AND NW OF I95 CORRIDOR BUT

NOT INCLUDING BOS/PVD. IT WILL BE A CLOSE CALL FOR BOS/PVD/TAN AND

IT IS POSSIBLE PRECIP COULD START AS A BRIEF PERIOD OF FZRA IF IT

BEGINS BY 12Z BUT WILL LET NEXT SHIFT DECIDE IF ADVSY NEEDS TO BE

EXPANDED. ANY FZRA WILL CHANGE TO RAIN BY MID MORNING SOUTHERN

INTERIOR ZONES AND BY MIDDAY FAR N. ICE ACCUM 0.10-0.20" POSSIBLE N

OF THE PIKE...BUT LESS THAN 0.10" TO THE SOUTH.

Look at Avaiation Wx Dave post to me on FB today when I told him about our snow today and snowpack lol...they're in summer mode

What a weenie

Dave wrote: "Pft, who cares Woody, it is spring time, I have a yard to landscape and grass to cut soon enough while you are battling the black flies and a ton of mosquitos thru end of May, ME FTW

Look at Avaiation Wx Dave post to me on FB today when I told him about our snow today and snowpack lol...they're in summer mode

What a weenie

Dave wrote: "Pft, who cares Woody, it is spring time, I have a yard to landscape and grass to cut soon enough while you are battling the black flies and a ton of mosquitos thru end of May, ME FTW

Well it is their one great time of year so I don't blame him for enjoying spring...96F and humid should be fun in another 2-3 months down there.

Tomorrow looks to be another event to ensure this glacier out here lasts deep into spring.

I joked with my wife that we would still have snow piles in the yard when the baby is born in early may.

I've joked about the burn season ending before we know what is there to burn.

I'll be bummed if we miss a lot of it. THat will drop a big wrench in my plans/expecations for clearing.

26.7/24

box and albany already jumping on a warm rain storm for this coming weekend! seems like a lot of confidence almost a week away..

now that scenario is somewhat worrisome..

Show me something that would suggest otherwise

And BOX did not jump on anything. I thought the AFD was very well written, leaving next week fairly open to options while also emphasizing the threat of something high impact, one way or another.

I feel like the same areas that got the '08 icestorm may again get the best icing in the morning. Eastern ORH hills and GC..up through the east slopes of sw NH and interior ne mass. It's not exactly the same setup, but this push of colder air has allowed for those areas to be under the gun, I think.

I feel like the same areas that got the '08 icestorm may again get the best icing in the morning. Eastern ORH hills and GC..up through the east sloped of sw NH and interior ne mass. It's not exactly the same setup, but this push of colder air has allowed for those areas to be under the gun, I think.

So long as we keep it under .5'', ice ice baby.

I feel like the same areas that got the '08 icestorm may again get the best icing in the morning. Eastern ORH hills and GC..up through the east slopes of sw NH and interior ne mass. It's not exactly the same setup, but this push of colder air has allowed for those areas to be under the gun, I think.

Yeah sounds right...it should be pretty icy for several hours tomorrow morning though I think just about all of us in SNE do flip to rain eventually...perhaps maybe extreme N ORH cty or Monads hold onto mostly ice.

My mom said it was between 4.0-4.5" but I'm calling it about 4"...I'll make any small revisions after further investigation if need be.

you and ray have a nice race goin....gotta think it's close but IMO you pull away by about 5 in the end. one good elevation thump mid-late march. otherwise if you got 4 today ray needed to pull a 7 or so to try and create a cushion for damage done with a future elevation event. .

Archived