Gonzalo00
    Newest Member
    Gonzalo00
Feb 21-22 Snow/Sleet Storm Obs/Nowcasting/Weenie/Panic/Hallucinations

Ji

• Replies 754
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't live there, but if I did, I would seriously go to the next school board meeting and complain about how often they have closed school. I swear they must be nearing 10 days off so far this winter -- that would equal 1 closing for every inch of snow that has fallen on the county so far this year. Fairfax and Montgomery are not much better, but Prince William gets a dusting and they are closed. 2 inches and they are closed for 2 or 3 days.

They are the new Faquier County

Our schools were open today, which was originally a day off for PD, in order to make up for one of the 8 days that were closed this year. Last Monday was also originally scheduled to be an off day for the kids, but they went then also. WV has a law that schools have to end on a certain date in June, so no making them up in the summer. Guess they'll lose the day they made up today, tomorrow.

I don't live there, but if I did, I would seriously go to the next school board meeting and complain about how often they have closed school. I swear they must be nearing 10 days off so far this winter -- that would equal 1 closing for every inch of snow that has fallen on the county so far this year. Fairfax and Montgomery are not much better, but Prince William gets a dusting and they are closed. 2 inches and they are closed for 2 or 3 days.

? The last time any county schools closed for any long period of time was for that storm which dumped nearly a foot in some places (though most got aronud 8-9'').

Montogomery only closed for 3 days because of significant power problems. And the only other times which we closed was for that ice storm back in january so TBH I'm not sure what you are talking about. We have closed for 4 days so far and some schools have not even reached their yearly snow day limit.

snow/sleet here temp 25.

? The last time any county schools closed for any long period of time was for that storm which dumped nearly a foot in some places (though most got aronud 8-9'').

Montogomery only closed for 3 days because of significant power problems. And the only other times which we closed was for that ice storm back in january so TBH I'm not sure what you are talking about. We have closed for 4 days so far and some schools have not even reached their yearly snow day limit.

snow/sleet here temp 25.

Please do at least a little bit of basic research -- one google stroke away - before you say someone doesn't know what they are talking about. Obviously, your four is way off since this was written last week. Six plus tomorrow = 7. Sorry, I said I thought ten. Still closer than you.

http://lakeridge.patch.com/articles/prince-william-county-schools-almost-out-of-snow-days

Please do at least a little bit of basic research -- one google stroke away - before you say someone doesn't know what they are talking about. Obviously, your four is way off since this was written last week. Six plus tomorrow = 7. Sorry, I said I thought ten. Still closer than you.

http://lakeridge.patch.com/articles/prince-william-county-schools-almost-out-of-snow-days

Didn't he say for Montgomery? :huh:

Archived