mowsee447
    Newest Member
    mowsee447
Feb 21-22 Snow/Sleet Storm Obs/Nowcasting/Weenie/Panic/Hallucinations

Ji

• Replies 754
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Please do at least a little bit of basic research -- one google stroke away - before you say someone doesn't know what they are talking about. Obviously, your four is way off since this was written last week. Six plus tomorrow = 7. Sorry, I said I thought ten. Still closer than you.

http://lakeridge.pat...ut-of-snow-days

4 is 2 away from 6. While 10 is 4 away from 6... I was closer :rolleyes:...

In all honesty it doesn't matter, the closing only serves to give the whole county a break anyways. Its not like it can get any worse if people are given a heavenly break off of a work day or school day. Besides you never know, some idiot who could have been doing80 on a residential road might have actually killed someone or themselves due to barely slippery conditions, and that death could have been averted.

DCA appears to be saying they are all Light Snow. seems odd since I am 15 miles north with far more elevation and have sleet.

they are reporting light snow/sleet

there have been littly tiny flakes mixed in with the sleet

moderate snow--just beautiful

If this is it for the season, it wasn't a bad winter for us. Nearing 20" for the third time in the 5 winters I've been here. Far cry from all the snow-desolate years in the quarter-century I spent in the DC 'burbs.

GFS has lots of precip the next two weeks, which would give us a nice start toward the water table for the growing season. :pepsi:

Archived