• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Gonzalo00
    Newest Member
    Gonzalo00
Presidents Day Storm OBS and NOWCASTING.

tombo82685

• Replies 725
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That's been the mantra all winter with nearly every event. A 6-8 hour storm falling mostly during the overnight hours and ending around the morning rush hour. Really incredible seasonal trend if you ask me.

Yup, and to the west of me they had even less. Over by Pottsville/Saint Clair they only had about 2" eyeballing it from my truck. The roads this morning near Tamaqua were snow and ice packed or slushy, and over there they were just wet.

Wow I didn't think it cut off to the west like that too. I know to my south down past Wind Gap and Stockertown totals cut off too.

I think models are great for guidance but I believe we have passed the period in which we should rely on them. It is evident what is in store for most places just by looking at radar trends. Intense uvv's and omega at H7 are indicative of the heavier banding and should affect, S and SEPA, MD, and N DE. Enjoy! :snowman: Could be a nice period overnight with lower visibilities and 1-2 inch per hour snow rates. The lift associated with the strong baroclinic zone is really juicing this up!

Just got back from the game. BLAH!

Anyways, nicely coming down in Nova for sure. Starting to look like winter again out there.

And um. Hellz yes, I will take this!

CONUS1_ETA212_SFC_ACCUMSNOWFALL-KUCHERA_12HR.gif

Yeah man it's been a rough couple weeks for the cats, the loss against Rutgers really killed me. Ah well, there's always the big east coming up.

Feels like mid winter out there w/ the wind whipping NLY and temps plummeting into the mid 20s with mod snow.

If we are supposed to get what the HRR is showing that back end needs to slow WAY down! :yikes:

Not really this was never a long duration event. Everything is as expected. Really with this storm it is just a matter of benefiting from the heavier banding. Areas that profit from the banding will get the higher amounts over a short period of time. The 6-8 amounts on average are going to be in areas that receive increased rates, other areas where it is hit and miss will see the lower end 3-6.

Archived