• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    wigl5l6k
    Newest Member
    wigl5l6k
Presidents Day Storm OBS and NOWCASTING.

tombo82685

• Replies 725
  • Created
  • Last Reply

By the looks of it, people in my neighborhood have just about had it with the snow :lol:. No one bothering to shovel, just letting it sit there (including myself). I'll get around to clearing it out this evening.

If this was one of the first storms of the season, everyone would have been out, shoveling, chatting and clearing off cars. Today, it was get in the car and go.

I think that 6" reading in philly is bull. Im in center city right now and I see nowhere near 6" let alone 3 or 4.

Keep in mind that the measurement is not in Philadelphia itself. The 6 inches was measured for the airport location which is taken just across the river. Just saw the Franklin Institute report come in with 4 inches.

I think that 6" reading in philly is bull. Im in center city right now and I see nowhere near 6" let alone 3 or 4.

I was at the airport 10:30-11:00, then I took the train through Center City up to Cornwells Heights. Nearly whiteout conditions as we landed. Eastwick SEPTA station had about 3" of snow on the platform at 11:20pm, eyeballing it through the window of the train. By the time I got off at Cornwells at 12:20am, only 3/4" on the ground.

I believe the 6.0" report.

Archived