• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    wigl5l6k
    Newest Member
    wigl5l6k
Presidents Day Storm OBS and NOWCASTING.

tombo82685

• Replies 725
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I was at the airport 10:30-11:00, then I took the train through Center City up to Cornwells Heights. Nearly whiteout conditions as we landed. Eastwick SEPTA station had about 3" of snow on the platform at 11:20pm, eyeballing it through the window of the train. By the time I got off at Cornwells at 12:20am, only 3/4" on the ground.

I believe the 6.0" report.

It has been tough to beat the airport the last couple of years.Both the region and the airport have had a good stretch.

I am not sure if everyone is aware of this experimental product, but this is a region event display. It currently is plotting the snowfall totals.

http://www.erh.noaa....ow&centeron=PHI

Mike - great feature. If you want some constructive feedback, here are a few suggestions that would make the graphic better from my perspective (not complaining at all, but figured you guys might be interested in a "customer" viewpoint).

1) Would be great to have the county lines on that map, as I find it hard to decipher.

2) Would be nice to have the pop up text include the county name, since I have no clue where half those town names are and I grew up in South Jersey (Wash Twp in Gloucester Co.); the PNS already categorizes them by county, but that info is missing on the graphic. Alternatively, you could label the counties on the graphic, but the graphic is already very busy.

3) This goes to the "busy-ness" of the grapic - would it be possible to delete the little "bubbles" (could just have the numbers on the graphic, but still have them be mouse-able to get the details) or have the bubbles be "transparent" so you can see the geogpraphy behind them?

4) It appears as if there's a color scheme keyed to accumulation amounts, but there's no "key" to what the colors mean; would be good to have on the graphic.

5) Can you add Upton totals to this and have one large graphic (only half kidding - maybe the offices could collaborate on this)? :>)

Nice to see my old hometown get 5.5" (Blackwood is the closest one to where I grew up, which technically was the Whitman Square section of Turnersville). We definitely got the short end in most of Central Jersey, only getting 1-2" in most of Monmouth/Middlesex/Somerset/Hunterdon from part 1 (and less in Mercer/Ocean) and getting squadoosh in most of that area (at least north of Princeton to Belmar) in part 2. Not complaining, though, as we have had 60.5" this season at my house, after 59" last year.

The 1.1" of snow back home melted to 0.08" liquid. So the models which were dry were the ones closer to reality, at least around Trenton.

Defintely not in SE PA. NAM was pretty damn close. Jersey just got the shaft (north of the ACY EXP) with this one. Euro was def. too low. GEM was rather close.

Defintely not in SE PA. NAM was pretty damn close. Jersey just got the shaft (north of the ACY EXP) with this one. Euro was def. too low. GEM was rather close.

The last few runs of the NAM, excepting the 0Z run right as the storm was starting, were among the dry models around Trenton (i.e., it caught the gradient well).

Archived