• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    wigl5l6k
    Newest Member
    wigl5l6k
Presidents Day Storm OBS and NOWCASTING.

tombo82685

• Replies 725
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Paul,

Great to see the Chester County contingent(chubbs, iceman, etc) out in full force...You may be right about the high end, perhaps it's the current SN+ and the New England styled maple syrup flavored whisky "Cabin Fever" causing me to get overly aggressive with my amounts... :P

Enjoy the snow!

Greg

Heavy snow here. 1.5 inches at 11:15

FWIW, it's getting really old seeing other areas get slammed with heavy snow while I sit on the outside looking in. It would have been nice to get at least one major storm. Hell, even the Poconos and Scranton finally got a good thumping last night. Seriously though, not even a 5 inch snowfall this winter here....

1.5 here in drexel hill on the board, hvy snow..temp 23

Wow, it really picked up there fast didn't it?

The precip. has finally breached the wall over the Delaware and has infiltrated Hunterdon county. Slowly but surely it's moving towards me. Maybe I'll get an inch at the very tail end of the storm.

Just pushed out 01Z SmartModel, looking over the PA, MD areas. still seeing additional 1-3" of snowfall possible for the next 24 hours. Some city outputs: PHL: 2.7", Silver Springs 1.4", Gaithersburg 1.4" and DC 1.8". Also still showing periods of FZRA accumulations of .2 to .3" still occuring with a switch to SN by 07Z.

Finally switched over to sleet/snow pellets after an extended period of ra/frzra....now moderate to heavy snow sleet(mainly sleet) looks like a hailstorm in miniature out there...ground whitened.

Same here in Bethany Beach. A driving Sleet storm with some wicked winds currently...

Midnight Obs

Heavy Snow (1.3" past hr)

So far round two = 2.0"

Storm Total 2.5"

Temp 20.9

Wind calm

I think this is clearly two separate storms. There are definitely distinctly separate upper level and surface features. WD earlier indicated they would count it as such. For that reason I think we should be careful in calling this "round 2"... its more like "storm 2".

Looks like the 0Z NAM failed pretty badly around Trenton... barely 0.1" of new snow and the snow has STOPPED. Won't get anywhere near that 0.26" of liquid equivalent that it predicted by 6Z.

The radar echoes have been hitting a wall at trenton all eve. Must be a pretty sharp gradient NE of phl

Archived