• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    northernriwx
    Newest Member
    northernriwx
Presidents Day Storm OBS and NOWCASTING.

tombo82685

• Replies 725
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The flurries around Harrisburg and Lancaster have ended with the dry air nosing south.

State Colege radar has 30 dbz echoes over DuBois... and all they've got is flurries.

it corresponds with the sim radars, that show the hvst of the echos travelling over the area but the precip falling doesnt correlate to it.

Snow has picked-up some here in the past 15 min. From little more than flurries to a steady light snow. 30F

Got a dusting from round 1...was supposed to get around 2-4.....advisory last night...nothing tonight....hoping for a surprise tonight that I didn't get last night

I was actually joking with my co-worker before I left work today that he would see 6" in Southern Chesco and I would get 2" in West Chester. It probably won't be that bad, but the gradient will be strong.

lol yea i could maybe see and inch maybe 2 at most...the way the precip orientation is what you get phl intl will get. Most models have phl around .3 or so qpf

some here tend to get a little too jittery a few hours ahead of the start of the storm. This is a 6-8 hour snow event that will occur overnight.

That's been the mantra all winter with nearly every event. A 6-8 hour storm falling mostly during the overnight hours and ending around the morning rush hour. Really incredible seasonal trend if you ask me.

??????????? I had almost 6" here! Man you really got screwed.

Yup, and to the west of me they had even less. Over by Pottsville/Saint Clair they only had about 2" eyeballing it from my truck. The roads this morning near Tamaqua were snow and ice packed or slushy, and over there they were just wet.

Not going with increase at this time.

AREA FORECAST DISCUSSION

NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE MOUNT HOLLY NJ

754 PM EST MON FEB 21 2011

.NEAR TERM /UNTIL 6 AM TUESDAY MORNING/...

750 PM: NO CHANGES TO THE WARNING/ADVY CONFIG ATTM. SORT OF WAITING

ON KMDT KLNS KTHV TO LOWER SUBSTANTIALLY AS DRYING BENEATH THE ONCOMING

LIFT IS STILL DOMINANT AND EATING UP SNOW ALOFT. IF I SEE IT GO TO 1/2

MDT SNOW AT KMDT OR KTHV AT 9PM...WILL ADJUST AMTS UP AT THAT

TIME. OTRW FCST GOING AS CONSTRUCTED LATE TODAY IS WORKING FINE.

Archived