• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Damaging wind event Saturday Feb 19th

Damage In Tolland

Since none of the typical wind weenies are really talking about it ..figured we need a thread for Winds aloft at 925mb are pegged to be 60-70 knots Full sun on Saturday along with CAA promotes the perfect conditions for full mixing from late morning thru late day. Also pretty good alignment in the flow from top down Should be alot of 55-60 mph type gusts I would say half of Ginx's treetops will be snapped..and Tip will make several posts of jet engine roaring and swaying at tree level

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Since none of the typical wind weenies are really talking about it ..figured we need a thread for

Winds aloft at 925mb are pegged to be 70-80 knots

Full sun on Saturday along with CAA promotes the perfect conditions for full mixing from late morning thru late day.

Also pretty good alignment in the flow from top down

Should be alot of 55-60 mph type gusts

I would say half of Ginx's treetops will be snapped..and Tip will make several posts of jet engine roaring and swaying at tree level

LOL. I don't see winds that strong at 925mb, otherwise we'd have Cat 1 gusts, but 50kt gusts are possible. Strong mixing on Saturday with the NAM up to 750mb!

Since none of the typical wind weenies are really talking about it ..figured we need a thread for

Winds aloft at 925mb are pegged to be 70-80 knots

Full sun on Saturday along with CAA promotes the perfect conditions for full mixing from late morning thru late day.

Also pretty good alignment in the flow from top down

Should be alot of 55-60 mph type gusts

I would say half of Ginx's treetops will be snapped..and Tip will make several posts of jet engine roaring and swaying at tree level

OKX agrees with you in there discussion, saying confidence is growing for a HWA seeing gusts to 40-50 and they mention not ruling out HWW for gusts 50-60. Impressive.

I made a post about this last night in one of the threads. Saturday looks like it's going to be pretty brutal, temps around 40F and falling with winds in the 25-35 mph range with gusts up to 50-60 mph possible. Saturday is also the outdoor hockey game with events starting as early as 10:00 AM so I'll be outside from about 10:00 AM to 10:00 PM...going to be dressing in like 5 layers. It will be interesting to see how the wind affects the players at all.

I'm expecting to see a Whale player trying to clear the puck from behind their own net only for the wind to take it and put it in the net while Chad Johnson is sucking on his water bottle.

GFS still looks pretty impressive for winds, at least down this way. Both the NAM/GFS showing some very strong mixing on Saturday with some pretty steep low-level lapse rates...plus forecast soundings have somewhat of an inverted-v look as well with lots of dry air down below 5000-7000ft. While the winds aloft aren't screamingly impressive they are still in the 40-50kt range so with good mixing those will be brought down...plus some enhancement from the cold + dry air too. I could see some gusts close to over over 60 mph in some spots Saturday.

Archived