joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Damaging wind event Saturday Feb 19th

Damage In Tolland

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

They took the easy way out with wind advisories. No doubt they will be have to be upped to HWW late today or tonight

I was disappointed the AFD didn't reference anything over 50mph. I like it when they give hints of things being more severe. To be sure, 50mph is nothing to sneeze at and enjoyable to sit through (glad much of it will be in the day) But unless it happens to take down a tree in your yard or knock out your power for a couple days, it's pretty forgettable.

EDIT: ZFP reads better than AFD

WESTERN FRANKLIN MA-

INCLUDING THE CITIES OF...ASHFIELD...CHARLEMONT...COLRAIN...

SHELBURNE

338 AM EST FRI FEB 18 2011

...WIND ADVISORY IN EFFECT FROM 8 AM SATURDAY TO 2 AM EST

SUNDAY...

.TONIGHT...MOSTLY CLEAR IN THE EVENING...THEN BECOMING PARTLY

CLOUDY. BLUSTERY WITH LOWS IN THE MID 20S. WEST WINDS 15 TO

25 MPH. GUSTS UP TO 30 MPH...INCREASING TO 40 MPH AFTER MIDNIGHT.

.SATURDAY...PARTLY SUNNY AND BLUSTERY. MUCH COOLER. NEAR STEADY

TEMPERATURE IN THE UPPER 20S. NORTHWEST WINDS 20 TO 25 MPH WITH

GUSTS UP TO 55 MPH.

.SATURDAY NIGHT...PARTLY CLOUDY AND BLUSTERY. MUCH COOLER WITH

LOWS AROUND 11. NORTHWEST WINDS 15 TO 25 MPH WITH GUSTS UP TO

40 MPH.

Do you expect Wiz's azz cheeks to be plastered to his leather chair as he's wildly calling in damag reports tomorrow in his dark blue, knee high socks with diamond designs?

:lmao:

I'll be outside ALL day tomorrow from about 10-11 AM to 10 PM...tomorrow is the outdoor hockey game at Rentschler (sp?)...It's the Whale bowl!

I'm not overly impressed with the winds. I mean yes, it will be windy...but I think strongest winds will be in sw New England and down in the Mid Atlantic. If we mix through the roof, it could get wild...but I'm just not sold on HWW stuff right now.

That's a real buzz-kill, Scott. I had such high expectations.

49.7/39

agree with scooter.

guidance has backed off and/or repositioned the core of the good wind aloft but there's still some decent stuff in there. there was always signs the strongest core would be southwest of a good chunk of SNE but instead of seeing widespread 50 to 70 knot winds aloft we are now looking at more like 40 to 55 knot type stuff at the top of the mixing layer. my guess is it equates to a lot of 40 to 55 mph type gusts.

could be windiest over some of the high terrain. the 12z NAM and GFS really hit spots like ORH hardest tomorrow morning.

Archived